Text Box

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Voodoo
Peon
Peon

Text Box

Post by Voodoo »

Hi this is my first post

For me it is hard to see the text in the text box... so if you made it so u could set the text color like black insted of orage that would be nice... or possibly be able to pick your own color for your text that everyone sees I.E. johnny has dark blue text and sally has neon pink text... well its just a thought I'd like to know how hard it would be to do also for the programmers.

THX a bunch for making this game happen.
Any good quote I can find is too big to fit here :(
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

If people will be able to color their text i'd think it would be nice to have a setting to disable incoming colors and use your own. when /commands are done it would be nice to push the up arrow to see your last line you entered like in bash
All your base are belong to us.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Mods that be, i summon you!
Please make a sticky in the Suggestions/Feedback with Voodoo's post as an example of an ideal suggestion/feedback. It was expertly done and would serve well as a template to other players.
His post is thoroughly understandable.
First he states the problem exactly but pithily.
Then he offers a possible solution.
Lastly he gives an example.
And he even ends it off positively with a blanket compliment stating his enjoyment of the game.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Ultim wrote:Mods that be, i summon you!
Please make a sticky in the Suggestions/Feedback with Voodoo's post as an example of an ideal suggestion/feedback. It was expertly done and would serve well as a template to other players.
His post is thoroughly understandable.
First he states the problem exactly but pithily.
Then he offers a possible solution.
Lastly he gives an example.
And he even ends it off positively with a blanket compliment stating his enjoyment of the game.
Yawn. Don't disturb my sleeping! :P
This is a rightful suggestion and I should say it was already somewhat planned. And furthermore it is not even that hard to add. I hope to get it included in the next release.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I suggest a simple color text for your eyes and something which gives a random color for every person who is talking (same in Irssi IRC client color.pl script). I don't want to see Brazil "rabbits" talking to me using eye beating pink.

And about sticking it...if you want a moderator to take an action it is alot better to use PM, however I see no point why stick it, it is forum for developers to read our suggestion, default "TTL" of thread in this forum seems to be quite enought for all developers to read the suggestion.

Regards.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

knivey wrote:If people will be able to color their text i'd think it would be nice to have a setting to disable incoming colors and use your own. when /commands are done it would be nice to push the up arrow to see your last line you entered like in bash
adjust your moniter....my text has always been black. have you ever tooken a color blind test?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

haggard wrote:
knivey wrote:If people will be able to color their text i'd think it would be nice to have a setting to disable incoming colors and use your own. when /commands are done it would be nice to push the up arrow to see your last line you entered like in bash
adjust your moniter....my text has always been black. have you ever tooken a color blind test?
Haggard, what are you talking about? :?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

ya know......sometimes im not even sure
rtoot3
Peon
Peon

colors

Post by rtoot3 »

there should be a text color option. in most of the areas, its hard to see small orange text, and I'm colorblind with some shades of colors too. that makes it even harder :(
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Try turning off the OpenGL support. Then chat text should be black.

Regards.