When is Crush going to be given an Admin position?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Who thinks Crush should be an Admin

I do!
62%
I don't!
38%

Total votes: 26
Ultim
Novice
Novice

When is Crush going to be given an Admin position?

Post by Ultim »

High Admin, too. Come on, the guy squeezes out insane amounts of GOOD graphics. He has time and time again displayed advanced wisdom and experience in game development. He has made no enemies. He has the fifth most posts in the entire forum and the first, second, third, fourth, sixth, and seventh places around him are all held by staff members. What's the hold up?
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

I demand a recount ;-)
All your base are belong to us.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well actually being an admin implies a lot more tasks than just draw graphics. Giving him the role of admin wouldn't add that much to the ways he contribute to the project. I'm not excluding this could happen some day. And also Crush is hardly reachable on IRC which I think it's the best way to stay in contact with the team.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i am only on irc when it is deemed necessary because i got a personal aversion against the ideling retards chat.

i don't think that this forum needs any more moderators. but having the "TMW Developer" tag would be nice.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kineticstorm
Novice
Novice

Post by Kineticstorm »

I don't think Crush deserves such a privilege! :evil:

:wink:
I love you too. :)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Just ask if you need something, I tend to forget about things :P
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

• NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Forum admin is not a cookie to get if you are nice. If the forum grows bigger and another admin is to be chosen, it should rather be from moderators, why? Because moderator is to take care about forum content and eg. a graphics artist is to draw graphics not to sit on forum and looking for stupid posts to delete etc.

Regards.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Who said forum admin? Who said moderator? He should be project Admin. i don't really think moderator would be a proper placement of his talents.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i am a forum moderator in a German gamer community, by the way.

what exactly do you mean with "project Admin"? i already got access to the SVN. what more should i need?
  • NOT a game master

Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Lololololz at the Duke Nukem Forever reference. Although, you know, they've started working on it again!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Projects admins are only two AFAIK - Elven Programmer and BLindeijer. I have SVN access too, also I am a moderator in many communities, anyway, it doesn't matter, you obviously took my post as a suggestion you are no capable to be a moderator or an admin of this forum whilst I meant there is no point to give our developers additional work, since they are supposed to focus on the development tasks.

Regards.
Kupofather
Peon
Peon

Post by Kupofather »

Maybe this guy would be satisfied if you put a pretty little icon next to Crush's name that said "Admin"? :lol: