Keep your eyes peeled for bots

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Krillancello
Peon
Peon

Post by Krillancello »

Crush wrote:adventuring and exploring is something that should be left to the real players. npc's should only do the tasks that are important but too boring for players to do 24/7. they could guard towns, trade or give dynamic quests. npc's traveling between towns and paying players to protect them are another interesting element.

an NPC boss that gains exp whenever he kills a PC and becomes stronger and stronger over the time (and keeps his level when he dies - like a normal player does) might be an interesting experiment.
I think that would be interesting, however I think there would probably have to be some point at which he resets. If a boss were like that and initially was so powerful only a lv50 player could beat him, and the purpose of the boss was to guard a special rare item... if you kept losing to him and he kept becoming stronger and stronger until only a lv80+ player could beat him, someone else might come along at lv60 and expect to have a chance at winning, but instead get handed his ass.
Krillancello Finrandi
"The Black Flame"
Hoomda
Peon
Peon

Post by Hoomda »

peoro wrote:if you are so anti-bots I won't use it anymore, although I can't see the reason :P
Gawd - I never understand you guys - if you want a game that can play itself, buy The Sims :evil:
Macroing: Gaming term used to define people trying to overcompensate for being gimp in real life.
mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

I don't like botting. It's not honourable to get a high-level-character without working up a sweat :evil:
D2ARCHER
Novice
Novice

matt

Post by D2ARCHER »

matt is the more botter of this game!!!
i have see more than 10 times he USING BOT...
he attacking more then 10 monster near he in the same time, i have search for this, and this is the Keyboard Targeting Bot, at the sourceforge,the user that use bot to level up fast, nedd to be banned FOREVER!!!
D2ARCHER
7X Lvl Archer And Counting

D2MAXIMOS
XX Lvl AK Hibrid Stopped at moment ^^
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Indeed that user are evil.
And i don't think that patch works with current svn ;)
D2ARCHER
Novice
Novice

Post by D2ARCHER »

ok, if u can use, i will use too...
D2ARCHER
7X Lvl Archer And Counting

D2MAXIMOS
XX Lvl AK Hibrid Stopped at moment ^^
redwolf
Peon
Peon

Re: Keep your eyes peeled for bots

Post by redwolf »

well, i don't use bots, but sometimes with one of my old characters i would walk into an east area, tape down the attack and autotarget buttons, and walk away... that might be misconstrued as botting.

i haven't recieved any complaints about it, though, you all know me, and that i'm a real person. i'm really set against bots, especially in areas where people come to train by hand (THE BAT CAVE!!!) that just clean the area wherever they are. whenever i see one, i just attack the creatures around them to get them away from the bot, to at least slow the lvling process dramatically.
I am the RESTER
Come to take away your PAIN
I am an EQUALIZER
I am here to make it rain BLOOD
upon the justice unfulfilled
i give life
and i take it away
I AM THE ONE.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Who cares?

The real problem is that you resurrected a 2 year old thread!
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

This thread is two years old!?
(Oh sorry that was probably off topic hehehehe........ :oops: )