Your Woodland Village Suggestions

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

But the point of those caribbean huts is that they're easy, fast and cheap to put up. So when a storm sweeps it all away, it's not that much of a hassle to reassemble.
This message used to be meaningful.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

They doesnt have to be at the ocean.I agree that they does not look like coastal buildings.But there is a river and they certainly look like woodland buildings that could be placed at a river shore.

When I suggested placing the buildings with a bigger rock foundation at a shore I guess I was thinking more of a river shore.With a waterwheel and such.Maybe cut down on the ocean and create a lake?After all foundations like that have historically been placed at rivers and lakes.For the most part.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

river- or lake shore sounds much more reasonable to me.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

This is going to split into an another topic soon enough: how are we going to do water?
My suggestion would be the particle engine.
Sorry for the partial thread hijacking.
This message used to be meaningful.
Ewahl
Peon
Peon

Post by Ewahl »

I think that we should have a river dividing the town down the middle and have bridges connecting the two halfs of the town. Then we could have the river feeding into an ocean and have a port all in one town. I think this would make for a very unique town.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

That is a good idea, towns gotta have water to survive and who wants to pixel some silly well anyway. A river also gives the possibility for some fishing sidegame and an ocean leaves you wondering whats on the other side.
All your base are belong to us.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

certainly! as well as adding those things knivey, it also opens the door for some new archutecture, such as water mills.
Yeremy
Peon
Peon

Post by Yeremy »

Looks great :) Dunno why but I'm thniking of copying some graphics (I mean tiles) form some old SNES games such as Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

no, we don't copy anything from sources that aren't public domain or open source. project policy. and because the company that made these games does still exist we would even risk a lawsuit when we use their graphics.

besides it wouldn't look good because snes rpgs use a lower resoluton.

what i would like to hear are some more detailed ideas. What buildings could be in the town? whats the main source of income for the people? who rules the town and how? any ideas for quests?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Ewahl
Peon
Peon

Post by Ewahl »

Main Source Of Income: (if it is a port town) fishing

Sidequest: Catching fish(if fishing is to be included), collecting wood from enchanted trees.

Buildings: fishermans bar (again if it is a port town).

Rulers of the town: i have no idea
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

about the watermills: do you want them in a similar style like on this secret of mana screenshot or would you prefer a more complicated construction?
  • NOT a game master

Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

those ones would work, but, when playing SOM, i always thought... "WTF do those watermills do? they dont look like they are functional." so maybe something that serves more of a purpose...
D2ARCHER
Novice
Novice

name

Post by D2ARCHER »

Wood Village can be the name ;P 8)
NPC...
Potion Seller
Quests(forest bow cause WOOD means FOREST ;P)
Arrow and Equipment Seller(just like headbands, desert shirt)
Level 45+ Healer(cause only level 1~10 can heal free ;( this a problem)
And Wood House with some nothing to do NPC ;P (just like villager, to talk)
D2ARCHER
7X Lvl Archer And Counting

D2MAXIMOS
XX Lvl AK Hibrid Stopped at moment ^^