See others level.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

AniX
Peon
Peon

See others level.

Post by AniX »

I want to see others level. And I havn't come so far in the game but if there isn't different vocations then I think there should be too. Like "Barbarian", "magican", "archer" and so on..

Like tibia: "You see AniX (Level 10). He is an Archer."

And Guild/clans/teams wouldn't hurt.

Then it should be like: "You see AniX (Level 10). He is an Archer. He is a defender of ******"

Thank you for reading this.

Your's, AniX.
Yeremy
Peon
Peon

Post by Yeremy »

Damn man! It sounds like Tibia :S If I would see sucha message I would probably vomit... Anyway facing enemies on pvp while you don't know your enemys level can be funny :D
AniX
Peon
Peon

Post by AniX »

Haha, tibian player xD

Well, I don't say you should have ecactly like tibia, but it would be good to see the others level and such.

I've been thinking of making a TMW Fansite and such later if the game continues to grow, like it seems to.

Love this game.

Thank you for reading this.

Your's, AniX.
Xephys
Novice
Novice

Post by Xephys »

Tibia could be a good example for this game I guess. But Tibia spoiled it with PvP everywhere and some other silly things.

But meh, this is for a much later stage in the game.

Maybe I'll post the games that we could use as referance.

Tibia
Endless Online (Maybe not)
Runescape (Even though I hate it, it is still a very good game)
Ragnarok Online (This is where I would imagine this game to be in a long time)
:roll:

These are the only games I can really say because I actually played/play these games.
To eat or not to eat, that is the question!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Judging from the screenshots Tibia is a quite ugly game, in my opinion. But i haven't ever played it. Is the gameplay anything special?

Runescape is a good example how a learning by doing system should not be made, because the Runescape LBD System results in a very boring and repetive gameplay. And the very sadistic death penalties are also quite frustrating. But it got a lot good ideas for quests.

Ragnarok is a quite cool game. i played it for a long time. the strong points of the game are the character and stat system that is much more sophisticated than it looks and the very creative map design. but its major weaknesses are the lack of a good crafting system (to become better at crafting you have to kill monsters and distribute your stats in a way that makes it impossible to kill better monsters. what the Duck?), weak quest scripting with very frustrating dead ends and ridiculous rewards and a general tendency to monotonous grinding.

Oh, by the way:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1302
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rezmont
Peon
Peon

Post by Rezmont »

Its not that he wants it to be like tibia he just saying it could be a possibility on seeing the other persons level
AniX
Peon
Peon

Post by AniX »

Exactly. Thank you for understanding me. =)
Tab
Peon
Peon

Post by Tab »

Perhaps not to show level, but to show the vocation, guild and/or another data is interesting. Since to show level it can facilitate pvp.