Why helpful people have a hard time in this game.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

SnowflakeBlue
Newly Registered User

Why helpful people have a hard time in this game.

Post by SnowflakeBlue »

I was talking to Mrgrey about how I have a very hard time playing TMW. It's simple, It's very hard to help anyone just starting off. There are plenty of people to help me and that's nice, but I have now real way to help others unless I do a bunch of arcane quests and likely a bunch of grinding. I like to play the role of healer/cleric in MMO's. Now there is an opportunity in TMW to play that role (in a rather limited fashion I might add) but I have to jump though some pretty big hoops that involve a lot of grinding just to be In a decent position to really have the opportunity to heal people. Look, in Clan Lord, all I need to do Is one fairly simple quest and I'm a healer for the rest of the game. In WoW I can just come online as a priest, no hoops, no quests, no grinding.

This is the biggest gripe I have on this game. I really hope you guys at the top think about this stuff, because if you don't there are going to be a lot of good people looking to other MMO's that make it much easier to play a helpful/healer role.

Thank you, for at least listening.
SnowflakeBlue
Yamidude
Newly Registered User

Re: Why helpful people have a hard time in this game.

Post by Yamidude »

To this I would add the lack of other options from the starting point. Like you can add points to mana, but from the start that aspect is kept in an abstract plane. Everyplayer should be able to use mana, of course, but a healer or a mage shouldn't need to go through such a big effort to become one. As well as range players (archers, gunners) are not something we can pick from the start. We all start up, pretty much as the same thing.
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

You have freedom here. The manner in which you decide to play TMW eAthena is up you. You're not enslaved into a character class.
Yamidude
Newly Registered User

Post by Yamidude »

And by extension everyone is enslaved in the no-class class, which is pretty much the single one.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i can help you all locate the exit if you would like :)