Social features

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Yamidude
Newly Registered User

Social features

Post by Yamidude »

Global talk, marriage, family relations
Der Loisl
Novice
Novice

Re: Social features

Post by Der Loisl »

Yamidude wrote:Global talk
This has already been suggested and discussed a couple of times. You may want to read this topic: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... lobal+chat in which the problems have also been pointed out. I don't really see the point of this, by the way. I play TMW for some years now and I never was in need of a global chat. In my opinion, whispering and the party chat (which is kind of independent of the players location) just work fine.
Yamidude wrote:Marriage
This is already implemented, or what exactly do you mean?
Yamidude wrote:Family relations
This sounds interesting, how exactly do you want it to work, I mean does it somehow affect the gameplay or does it just create a kind of family tree?
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Well, I am not sure about the global chat.
I think it would reduce armies of Hurnscald sitters. Really.
I'm Image too much.
Yamidude
Newly Registered User

Post by Yamidude »

I can't debate what I recommend from ingame experience since I'm new, so I will keep it to experiences from other games that may have limited my enjoyment as well as those games who have provided good features for me to enjoy. A mmorpg for me should be a game that enforces every aspect of it's community: experience hogs (I tend to be one myself in many games), merchants, simply social people, musicians (if there is such a thing in the game which I admit I have yet to find one if it is implemented), artists, player kill zones, inside multiplayer minigames (maybe tag), etc. Honestly I came quickly to recommend these features, without absolute knowledge of some existing, since I have only seen three people (none spoke a word lol) since I started (3 days ago not much).

1. The spirit of having a global chat is to enhance communication between players. It's a step towards building an online community, which in my opinion comunication would be one of the fundamental aspects in need of such development. In some games, it is a mere tool for players to spam it with trading offers (which is actually good), but in games where there are alternate open systems (auction houses and others) for trading: global chat seems to be reduced to chatting. Thus adding a social and nifty prominent charasteristic for the game.

~Reaction to the external thread: Please tell me if I got it right. A global chat in the game would imply technical problems? Honestly I came here to leave a friendly recommendation, it is not in me, and pardon my if it may sound hostile, to start reading thread by thread on the forums cause the free time I have I'm reserving it for the gameplay.

2. I didn't know that marriage was available. Sorry. Are there benefits to being married? Is it limited to guy to girl relationships or is it open minded? Are there places for honeymoons? Like treating the honeymoon as a quest with funny things in it.

3. A family tree might be too much, maybe adding an adoption feature for a limited amount of sons/daughters and brothers and sisters. It doesn't have to be real but sometimes players even end up calling themselves sis or bro. Suggested benefit would be a small bonus on status when in party.

Sorry I got delayed, you know how the holidays are over :cry: As you can see my intention is to benefit the social area, other than that I am pretty much clueless right now.