Is it just me or...

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ChaosCrossAG
Novice
Novice

Is it just me or...

Post by ChaosCrossAG »

has Iron Ore gotten a lot more harder to get lately? I think it should be easier to get because of how useful it is for Mages lightning spells. And considering how much Iron Ore you need for Warlord Equipment not to mention Coal, I just think it should be easier.

P.S. In total you need 150 Iron Ore, and 360 Coal for the Best armors
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Is it just me or...

Post by Frost »

ChaosCrossAG wrote:has Iron Ore gotten a lot more harder to get lately?
Short answer: no.
Long answer: find the Item ID for iron ore in http://gitorious.org/tmw/tmwa-server-da ... tem_db.txt. (It's ID 640.)
Look in http://gitorious.org/tmw/tmwa-server-da ... mob_db.txt to see what drops Item 640. (Yellow slime drops 450/10000 or 4.5% chance. Terranite drops 500/10000, or 5% chance. Huntsman Spider drops at 3%.)
Warlord Plate requires 75 Iron Ore and 180 Coal.
Crusade Helmet requires 30 Iron Ore and 72 Coal. (Same defense as Warlord Helm.)
Steel Shield requires 30 Iron Ore and 72 Coal.
Total: 135 Iron Ore, 324 Coal.

I can gather about 30 ores per hour of grinding yellow slimes. To get the ultimate armor in the game, I'll say 6 hours on slimes. Coal takes longer, but Mogguns aren't that hard for a low-level archer and they give decent XP. I don't know how many hours that would take.

6 hours of killing almost defenseless slimes to get the best armor in the game is too long?

P.S. Well, I'm impatient too. I usually use an Infantry Helmet or Candle Helmet, Forest Armor, and Wooden Shield, then save up for the Steel Shield (+14 def increase). After that I get the Light Platemail (50 Iron Ore, 120 Coal) for +5 def increase. It's 92% as good as Warlord Plate for 2/3 the price. Finally I get the Crusader Helmet (+2 or +3 def increase).
I don't even worry about Warlord Plate until after I have the Setzer.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Re: Is it just me or...

Post by ChefChelios »

= omg i need 3 days to get that Chocolate Cupcake!!!!!!
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.