Wikipedia Article: The Mana World

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Oryon
Newly Registered User

Wikipedia Article: The Mana World

Post by Oryon »

Greetings illustrious TMW ORG users and members of the GHP,

First of all, I should mention that I am Brazilian and compose the board of directors of the project TMW BR. Many children in this space ready and ours too, so I ask you to put aside the restrictions on us, so we have dealt with a subject of common interest to the entire community TMW.

I wrote a few months ago, an article on Wikipedia TMW in Portuguese-speaking countries, after a long debate, the moderators of Wikipedia, the article was accepted. Even one of the difficulties I have found to approve the article, was the refusal of some articles on the English Wikipedia TMW.

I do not know if there is still interest here to launch an English version (or if one already exists), but consider it important, to be released an article in your language, using as argument the existence of the same article in Portuguese. I'm sure that rich information can be submitted by you. I want to magnify the page in Portuguese based on the community ORG.

The following link: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mana_World

This text is the product of a Google translation, it may contain inaccuracies.

Sincerely,

Oryon (ADM TMW-BR).
"Proof that did not exist in the future time travel is that
we are not being visited by travelers from the future."
~ Stephen Hawking
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Wikipedia Article: The Mana World

Post by Alige »

Oryon wrote:This text is the product of a Google translation, it may contain inaccuracies.
Lol, and you expect people to read that?

Regards.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Just to let you know, the refusal to put up a English article on wikipedia was not us. It was from wikipedia members. They argue that the project is too small to warrant a article.

I would say the likelihood of it being accepted in the Portuguese wikipedia community is due to the smaller size of the Portuguese wikipedia community then the English wikipedia community.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Ali-G wrote:
Oryon wrote:This text is the product of a Google translation, it may contain inaccuracies.

Regards.
Why not? Just translate it.
Oryon wrote:I wrote a few months ago, an article on Wikipedia TMW in Portuguese-speaking countries, after a long debate, the moderators of Wikipedia, the article was accepted. Even one of the difficulties I have found to approve the article, was the refusal of some articles on the English Wikipedia TMW.
Congrats, you got my respect on this.
With the portuguese support, it could may be possible to put the mana world on the english side, the project grew up since the last time that it get refused, it does worth a try.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Oryon
Newly Registered User

Post by Oryon »

Regards.
We have a misunderstanding here. When I said that this text is a Google translation, I was not referring to the Wikipedia article, but the content of my post. Do not dominate the English and as the previous post, this is more a Google translation, hopefully everyone got the message.
Congrats, you got my respect on this. With the portuguese support, it could may be possible to put the mana world on the english side, the project grew up since the last time that it get refused, it does worth a try.
Perfect, this is my real interest. I followed several discussions Anglophone Wikipedia. In most cases the rejection of the articles was the lack of reliable sources, poor structure and relevance. I faced the same problems in the Lusophone Wikipedia. When I got to sketch reasonably denied because the Anglophone Wikipedia has rejected other attempts frustrating. Demonstrated the relevance of the project and its projection in order accepted.

However, my efforts are shy. I come not propose to translate the article and submit my poor English Wikipedia, but I have been asked to make the request to the group responsible for coordinating games begin an adequate treatment. There are over 3 million articles and we all know that many of them are dispensable. Therefore, I firmly believe that TMW should hold his own, by the way, very well deserved.

Moreover, if they can approve an article, it will be used for all other Wikipedias. Taking this opportunity, an interesting source is the German magazine Amiga Future. However, I had the opportunity to enjoy their content. One of his issues makes references to TMW. Here is a link to interested parties: http://www.amigafuture.de/album_page.php?pic_id=14787

I count on your success.

We thank you.

Oryon
~ Stephen Hawking
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Ali-G wrote:

Regards.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant that your wikipedia article was written using google translator. My mistake.
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

I will say something controversial :3

The biggest plus of the game is its specific community. It is because a very big part of it are Linux users. People who have some knowledge, a little bit older, a little bit nerdy, a little bit idealistic ;)
If not these people, I think this game would be not that addicting.
I don't know if a flood of kids who clicked a link on "Free MMORPG" category in Wikipedia is the best things. Especially with such an indulgent moderation.
But I think we should totally make TVTropes article. There are people there, who are more of our target. Besides, There Is No Such Thing as Notability :)
I'm Image too much.
Oryon
Newly Registered User

Post by Oryon »

Derpella,

The controversy of his argument is coherent. However, nothing lost in getting a space in various media. Be on Wikipedia or elsewhere, anything goes.

When I started my journey in TMW in 2009, I was so eager for information about today and I looked in Wikipedia content on TMW and was disappointing, there was a line about the project. From that point on, I awoke to the fact that the project was not relevant or her community was apathetic. After all, is a bit of everything there, why not also TMW?

The aim of the TMW in Wikipedia is not advertising, but rather to direct qualified and relevant information about this or that subject, that is outside of our official domain.

Thanks again for your attention.

Sincerely,

Oryon.
~ Stephen Hawking
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Attempts to create a Wikipedia article about TMW were deleted three times now. And back then the user numbers and the exposure on other websites was even higher. At the moment it's futile to try again.

A TVTropes article, on the other hand, would have a much larger chance of being successful.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.