Idea: Marketplace

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Abandi
Newly Registered User

Idea: Marketplace

Post by Abandi »

Hello,

if anyone else bring this idea, than close this thread please =)

I think its very useful to implement a server-marketplace.

To make this very flexible, i have a little idea:

There must be a new "Window" like the social-window.

Then there its possible to add a text. The textes get list in the window.

I make a screenshot from another game:
Attachments
market.jpg
market.jpg (156.47 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Abandi12 Level 4x
[Germany]
twiistedkaos
Peon
Peon

Re: Idea: Marketplace

Post by twiistedkaos »

I don't read German but it looks like the manaplus Trade tab for the chat. If you aren't using manaplus -- try it. Not sure if manasource has Trade tab or not. Maybe someone else can answer that.
Main Character: Scylar lvl 70+
Alt Character: Folly lvl 40+

Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

The official client does not have a Trade Tab. And ManaPlus Trade Tab is only limited to the usual speaking range (iirc)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A proper server-sided solution with a proper GUI in the official client would be better than those hack through bots or unofficial clients.

But keep in mind that this isn't something you can develop over night. Convincing a programmer to implement that could be hard.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

As Crush said, the tA server will need to be modified, and we have practically nobody available for that atm.

Plus, the c code present there needs a lot of love to actually make progress there.
If anybody is willing to give help in this area, I do think there is an open position there.

Best regards,

Bertram
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Right, I forgot. o11c is currently unable to do much. When you want any server-sided programming on tmwAthena you need to find a C programmer first.

Otherwise you can just wait for Manaserv.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Bertram wrote:Hi,

As Crush said, the tA server will need to be modified, and we have practically nobody available for that atm.

Plus, the c code present there needs a lot of love to actually make progress there.
If anybody is willing to give help in this area, I do think there is an open position there.

Best regards,

Bertram
Modifying the server to get something like this in is relatively easy. Getting the required support into the client, and getting the new client out to everybody, is the hard part.

I've given the C code a lot of love, and it has evolved into C++ ... but Crush is right, I don't have a *lot* of time, and what I do have is currently spent being awesome and writing a new network layer - it's coming along pretty well, actually. I'm working from scratch now; this will involve restarting the git history and then porting the essential bits of tmwA onto it.

I'm not going to make the mistakes ManaServ has - specifically, I'm not going to change paradigms at the same time as changing implementation. Though of course, that's on the table for later - to some extent, the "MarketPlace" idea is like that, but ... well, it's not to far off. It could probably be done with scripts anyways, though of course the issue remains of giving it a nice GUI.

---

In related news, I considered breaking up with C++ when I got to know Python ... but then C++ showed me why I love her - specifically, what it can do with a "..." - and convinced me that Python and I would be "just friends". I count myself quite fortunate that there's not a lot of jealousy; each is simply trying to do its best.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.