Opinions about the Raging Skill

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Shainen
Novice
Novice

Re: Opinions about the Raging Skill

Post by Shainen »

Nard wrote:I am actually raising a char with this skill focused on. I like this skill even if setting up good stats in level range 50-70 is not that easy. And a lot of players are not yet familiar with the idea that cooperating is better. Btw I think it is not much more difficult than raising a mage or a speed warrior; I mean without constant status reset. Before making deep changes as Ali suggests it, let's appropriate the tool and spend some time before evaluating the new balance.
At the moment I am happy to be able to kill a skull in about a minute at level 70...
Nard, can you share your stats? :D
Gatekeeper
Peon
Peon

Post by Gatekeeper »

My Stats with Rage at 9

60 50 85+3 (From Rockknife) 1 57 65+1 (Clover)

I Have Attack 230
Defence 142
152% Accuracy
154% Evade
55% Critical
Attack Delay 515

Its pretty good but not what I thinking about a Rage-Skill it should be.
But hey the Best skill for Warrior in Game ;)
Wenn Ich die Welt in Händen tragen könnte, Ich würde Sie zerquetschen ;)
Oder Gar nicht mehr über sowas nachdenken.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Ruby Red is lvl 76 now; Str.: 51=50+1, Agil.: 35, Vit.:57, Int.: 1, Dext.: 45, Luck:66=65+1 and of course Raging focused :)
I actually raise vitality with a goal of 77 in mind to get poison immunity. All statuses where a few points lower at 70 except Strength if I remember well.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Thanks guys.
I was a dumbass and didn't have RAGE actually focused. :roll:
Shainen has level 83 and stats are: 64 45 62=59+3 1 43 66
Attack 231
Attack Delay 544

I get a lot more crit hits now and can actually kill a skull in less than a minute. However I seem to go through a lot more healing items and am more of a burden to be healed.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Before rage, I had been trying to increase criticals with luck. I am a previous D&D fan and criticals were always important in that game. To be poison resistant I had 70 vit and 81 luck. I forget my dex score now, but I think Stringth was 60. I had attained a 50% crit rate, but my overall attacks suffered. As soon as I heard that rage increased the critical rate, I knew it was for me.
Defense suffers more than anything now. I use a lot of water when fighting higher level mobs and have gotten used to running away, but I sure do pack a wallop now and live up to my name, which is important to me when playing a role. I can survive on my own in the GY so long as I don't get too stacked down by them and I keep a close eye on HP.
I use potions as often as possible too, making critical hits 60 points higher in attack and much faster too with a concentration potion.

Level = 96 Stats = Str. 100 Agi. 7 Vit. 80 Int. 1 Dex. 40 Luk. 66
Attack = 331 Accuracy = 136% Crit = 75% Attack Delay = 560 Dmg per sec = 591

I am looking at changing stats again to see if I can handle having a lower Vit without losing too much poison protection so that I can increase either speed or dex or luk, but as it is... I heal and run enough. As for what stats to increase depends on the cost ratio... as in benefit vs. cost.

Obviously, the 66 Luck score is there due to the GY mobs. Strength is your attack, accuracy and crit base levels, making dex less important, but as you'll find around 60+ points in luck (each point gives .2% crit modifier) the cost becomes 8 stat points per actual point. It is time to start increasing Dex now until it costs more than 6 points to get 1 actual point of Dex (0.15% crit modifier). Explanation: .15 is 3/4 of .2 and 6 is 3/4 of 8 .... you see. Unfortunately though, I find this makes Rage mostly useless until level 95 or so unless you are just making a good hunting character. Rage sure does make killing lesser mobs very fast and painless. White slimes, Look out!!!

One more thing to note... Agi may be an alternate route as opposed to Dex, but I never thoroughly tested it. I guess it depends on whether you can double your attack rate or not, but I doubt it with Rage.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Ledmitz wrote: Level = 96 Stats = Str. 100 Agi. 7 Vit. 80 Int. 1 Dex. 40 Luk. 66
Attack = 331 Accuracy = 136% Crit = 75% Attack Delay = 560 Dmg per sec = 591
Hi Led :D
I have been training Shainen with raging focused for quite some time while trying to maximize Damage per sec.
Shainen is
Level = 94 Stats = Str. 80=79+1 Agi. 60 Vit. 72 Int. 1 Dex. 34 Luk. 66=65+1
Attack = 273 Crit = 61% Attack Delay=436 Dmg per sec = 626

Note that my Damage per sec is higher even with a lower Str and lower %Crit. Ofcourse I am not as tanked as you are and subsequently suffer for that LOL :) I do equip Rock Knife to achieve immune from poison.
This is sort of a speed raging set up and from what I have discovered is that unfortunately the Speed skill still seems to have the potential for most Damage per sec. at our levels. However with such a low Dex the high crit hits are the only reason I am killing skulls in less than 45 seconds.

What I am wondering is if the Speed skill indeed remains more advantageous to the warrior that this is a real discredit to raging skill. It seems that at our levels Raging should inflict more damage than a warrior using speed skill. I could be wrong however as raging seems to have advantage when attacking such mobs as Yetis and Skulls while having a lower Dex.

I would just like to see Raging be able to compete with the Speed skill in some way as applied to the Warrior class. Not only does Speed skill max out Damage per sec. but it also doesn't have the Defense penalty. Maybe the defense penalty could be lowered slightly? I know this has been discussed round and round, but I'm just saying :wink:

I have to agree with you that I have a whole lot of fun tanking for Archers and Mages trying to keep them alive while they are able to heal me. I honestly don't care if archers are winning more drops and racking faster XP because I prefer enjoying the game play and teamwork rather than worry about how fast I level or how much "stuffs" I have. Shainen has always been warrior and leveling may have been slower, but I have had a whole lot of fun doing it and met lots nice people along the way.

Cheers :mrgreen:
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

i'll be posting a build (granted a high level build) showing that raging can indeed increase the damage per sec well over that of a speed warrior, hopefully.

OK. Level 98 Character

Speed Skill

Stats: 90 90 30 1 40 66

Damage per second: 1000
Crit damage: 302
Evasion %: 195
Crit%: 26

Using Crusader Helm, Warlord Plate, Terranite Pants, Sezter

Raging Skill

eh...there is no contest. The highest damage per sec i could get was around 700 with a crit rate of 80%.

Basically if you want to kill skulls and jacko, raging is top notch. Otherwise speed is superior in surviveability and exp per min
Last edited by Big Crunch on 07 Aug 2012, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
sexy red bearded GM
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I am sure that you can outpoint a speed warrior with rage, but then the problem is that you are always dying. In any event, I'm just glad that I can fight anything now and still be tough enough to last if you are a good enough babysitter. With an 80 Vit, I still have trouble warding off 3 or more mobs in the GraveYard.

Getting back to logic though... speed archers outpoint all others with very little expense. I wish the points came from Mallard's Eye rather than Speed. Who ever heard of a fully automatic bow?, But a Bowman that is a marksman .... definately exists. truly, archers should have a skill that allows more crits too, but the speed skill is the preffered skill of the archer. I find it annoying to watch as it makes little sense that a bow can be reloaded faster than I can take a swing with my dinky knife (Setzer), or even Rock Knife for that matter. I know I am starting to troll now.... so to end this post, I will start listing the logical inconsistencies and little other factors, like Agi penalty for weight carried, etc. and make a separate post later on.

I am always grateful for the work that is being done. TY devs for the game and all the people that come with it.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Big Crunch wrote:Stats: 90 90 30 1 40 66
What happens if you reverse the Agi and Dex scores. I'll bet Dmg per sec will increase, no?

Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Big Crunch wrote:i'll be posting a build (granted a high level build) showing that raging can indeed.....
Basically if you want to kill skulls and jacko, raging is top notch. Otherwise speed is superior in surviveability and exp per min
Thanks for such great test results BC!! exactly what I was trying to figure out.
No wonder so many are using Speed skill and then placing skulls & JackO in the 'freezer' :lol:

Still, i love raging, it's a lot of fun to me and I find myself dedicated to this underdog skill :p
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

By the formula, you can give up one point of Dex every time you gain a level, and have the same attack chances. (but it will decrease the damage bonus)
Ledmitz wrote:it makes little sense that a bow can be reloaded faster than I can take a swing with my dinky knife (Setzer), or even Rock Knife for that matter.
Pretty sure that doesn't actually happen. Speed bonus just subtracts a number from the base weapon delay.

Going from memory here, but bow is around 900 ms, swords are around 600. If your AGI+focused speed gives you a bonus of 300 ms, bow becomes 600 ms and sword becomes 300 ms.

AGI penalty at high weight is a good idea, but who will it affect most? I'm pretty busy for the next few weeks, but after that bug me about it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.