Opinions about the Raging Skill

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Opinions about the Raging Skill

Post by Jenalya »

The latest content release introduced a new skill 'Raging'.

Do you use it? Why/why not? What do you use it for? (To fight in which areas and against which monsters?) What effects do you observe in regards to the game balance?
evadem
Novice
Novice

Re: Opinions about the Raging Skill

Post by evadem »

Sadly I cannot say that am impressed with it so far. I tried stats of 99 luck, 99 str., and 65 vit. with skill level 9 and get the crap kicked out of myself fighting anything relatively difficult. I suppose if I had a couple mages healing me constantly I might survive. Hits are nice when I connect, but with dex of 0 hit rate is a bit low and with 0 agil. painfully slow. Will try some different stats, but doubt it will change my opinion. :|
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I like the raging skill. I think with a 77% crit chance and proper tactics that warriors can now keep up with the other classes in damage/sec. Survivability as a solo warrior is diminished, but with 2 other warriors and a little healing we were able to hold the chapel fairly easily.

Also this skill is pushing the point that players should work together. A support mage, healing,betsanc, etc, can actually make decent xp off of a warrior using this skill.
sexy red bearded GM
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I think that the Speed Skill penalizes the player too much. The defense should be less influenced and the number of critical hits a bit more. I think that if we seriously reduce the defense penalty and increase the (1) accuracy, (2) critical bonuses and/or (3) damage, it would bring that skill to the same level as the Speed Skill.

In overall, I think that we should start focusing on all skills at a time if we intend to add the possibility to focus on several skills at a time. This means we need to seriously decrease the power of the speed skill (for example with range penalties), get rid of the poison immune system (to make the poison resistance skill have a use), balance the range of all bows (for the mallard's eye skill), decrease the power of the Astral Soul Skill and finally make the Brawling Skill have a use once for all.

Hope I helped,
Ali
Deimheucadh
Novice
Novice

Raging Skill stats

Post by Deimheucadh »

i am warrior 97 lvl, raging 9 lvl
stats 85 str, 26 agi, 90 vit, 2 int, 50 dex, 65 luk
68% crit, 282 attack

i can stand 2 skeletons, but not more, zombie + 2 skeletons easily kill me
what is your experience with raging?
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Raging Skill stats

Post by Big Crunch »

I would recommend backing dex to 30 and upping str to 90.

Also remember that survivability as a solo warrior will be diminished. That said you should have vastly increased damage capabilities, so playing, for instance, in a group of speed archers wont hinder your xp rate nearly as much. So it pays to play nice with this skill.
sexy red bearded GM
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I made my first serious foray into the World of Rage yesterday.

The Raging skill (like Speed and Resist Poison) is more effective with a play style that's slightly different than I've used before. It rewards Strength and penalizes Vitality. In play style, I think this suggests an aggressive approach to survival: do unto monsters before they do unto you.

Stats at level 97 (including item bonuses):
100 Str
70 Agil
40 Vit
1 Int
40 Dex
66 Luck

Technique: load up on healing items (I like water) and potions and join a friend to destroy anything that moves in the graveyard. With a healer, this was simple mayhem. Without a healer, we had to be a bit more clever at times. When the monsters started to bite, I'd chug potions and keep the water flowing. Sometimes we'd run away for a moment to regain hitpoints and to break up the swarm of monsters into smaller groups.

With one or two other warriors, survival wasn't so hard. I think I was about even in damage with speed archers (75% critical hit chance helped), though they didn't appear to have maximum agility and neither of us used potions.

I'll try this at lower levels next.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I've seen a lvl 96 warrior use raging to kill Jacko in under 30 seconds. I think its pretty good.
sexy red bearded GM
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Big Crunch wrote:I like the raging skill. I think with a 77% crit chance and proper tactics that warriors can now keep up with the other classes in damage/sec. Survivability as a solo warrior is diminished, but with 2 other warriors and a little healing we were able to hold the chapel fairly easily.

Also this skill is pushing the point that players should work together. A support mage, healing,betsanc, etc, can actually make decent xp off of a warrior using this skill.
I like the idea of pushing things to where players need to work together using different professions. My idea as a Tank Warrior is to keep monsters occupied while the archers are picking them off without having to run so much. However I'm only level 76 and the monsters will ignore my attempts if the archers are laying in far more damage. Seems proximity should weigh in more as to whom the monsters attack rather than damage done.

As for Raging Skill, I've failed fluffy hunt by just 5 or 6 fluffies 5 times now and once accidently dropped my warlord plate into oblivion. Do I need to restat just for that quest? 40 1 75 1 48 66
ChaosCrossAG
Novice
Novice

Post by ChaosCrossAG »

Does maxing out the Raging skill really lower your defense?
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

ChaosCrossAG wrote:Does maxing out the Raging skill really lower your defense?
Yes
sexy red bearded GM
Gatekeeper
Peon
Peon

Post by Gatekeeper »

How high is your Maximum-Attack with Rage at Level9 300+ or more ?
Wenn Ich die Welt in Händen tragen könnte, Ich würde Sie zerquetschen ;)
Oder Gar nicht mehr über sowas nachdenken.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Gatekeeper wrote:How high is your Maximum-Attack with Rage at Level9 300+ or more ?
at 100 str my max damage is 335 or so. with iron pot its 395 or so
sexy red bearded GM
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Well, at first the idea of losing vitality for critical % was a very nasty though. I though and thought on it and decided to at least get the skill. So got the skill leveled it to 9 and then started playing with the stats. Big Crunch helped me with setting stats the first go around for the graveyard. I have to say I'm very impressed even solo fighting I was killing things waaaaaaaaaaaay faster. I love raging a lot. It's a very good skill especially in a group of fighters and one or two healers. I would however recommend being a higher level before doing raging because of the lack of stats.

Thanks guys.
-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I am actually raising a char with this skill focused on. I like this skill even if setting up good stats in level range 50-70 is not that easy. And a lot of players are not yet familiar with the idea that cooperating is better. Btw I think it is not much more difficult than raising a mage or a speed warrior; I mean without constant status reset. Before making deep changes as Ali suggests it, let's appropriate the tool and spend some time before evaluating the new balance.
At the moment I am happy to be able to kill a skull in about a minute at level 70...