Wishlist for ManaClient 0.6+

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Wishlist for ManaClient 0.6+

Post by Big Crunch »

I thought since we have a new client out, it might be a good idea to see what the people want in the next iteration.

My Wishlist:

1. The ability to shortcut spells/commands. This would be awesome for my GM commands.
2. A 'Game Master' tab. Currently it is difficult to notice @wgm messages. If we had a tab that put all @command usage in that one tab, it would be much easier to follow and not clutter the general tab.
3. An 'afk' button similar to what is in manaplus, that reduces the framerate and produces an afk message that is sent when whispered.
4. A choice in colored text, if nothing else, a choice between default and black.
5. Increased visibility of text with heavy transparency of windows. The above will help with that, and the shadowing of letters helps.
6. The ability to slow down or speed up the emote fade. The current default is too fast imo.
7. A sound notifier when whispered. Often when playing a mage or archer in the gy i have my chat window not displayed.
8. The ability to right click a tab to close/clear etc.
9. The ability to filter, completely out or to a tab, the manaplus trade requests.

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head.
sexy red bearded GM
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Wishlist for ManaClient 0.6+

Post by Bertram »

Hi Big Crunch,

Thanks for the relevant feedback:

Code: Select all

1. The ability to shortcut spells/commands. This would be awesome for my GM commands.
:arrow: Indeed, the need has been summarized there: http://bugs.manasource.org/view.php?id=418

2. A 'Game Master' tab. Currently it is difficult to notice @wgm messages. If we had a tab that put all @command usage in that one tab, it would be much easier to follow and not clutter the general tab.
:arrow: IMO, you're right. Is this a tab which only gathering wgm messages, or are there other spec on this?
Note also that we might do @wgm on the testing server to test the feature when we'll do it, so no panic there. ;)

3. An 'afk' button similar to what is in manaplus, that reduces the framerate and produces an afk message that is sent when whispered.
:arrow: IIRC, the chat command /away <reason of afk> is already available. But we know a keyboard key and some other improvement could be cool.

4. A choice in colored text, if nothing else, a choice between default and black.
:arrow: I promised you I would personally add this feature on the chat window. And so I'm planning to add it as soon as
I've got the time to. ;) The issue is there: http://bugs.manasource.org/view.php?id=404

5. Increased visibility of text with heavy transparency of windows. The above will help with that, and the shadowing of letters helps.
:arrow: I was planning to add auto sub bubbles under the chat text, so it stays readable at every opacity cases without cluttering the screen too much. Would it be ok with everyone?

6. The ability to slow down or speed up the emote fade. The current default is too fast imo.
:arrow: That one doesn't depend on the client since Kage turned the emotes into particles long ago.
Thus, emotes are fully configurable and this will have to be handled by the content team. I know Ali-G has already made tries on that, btw.
7. A sound notifier when whispered. Often when playing a mage or archer in the gy i have my chat window not displayed.
:arrow: Indeed, bjorn is on it. http://bugs.manasource.org/view.php?id=453

8. The ability to right click a tab to close/clear etc.
:arrow: Ablu has started a patch for that, and I might help him finish it (if he allows me to): http://bugs.manasource.org/view.php?id=391

9. The ability to filter, completely out or to a tab, the manaplus trade requests.
That should have been already done here, thanks to cody:
https://github.com/mana/mana/commit/562 ... 8d60d5fe66

Best regards,

Bertram
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Bertram wrote:I know Ali-G has already made tries on that, btw.
I have a full new list of emotes and remade the emote particle effects, making them fade out a bit more slowly. You will need to wait for the next mana client release as the last emote of the emote list is not working. This is a client problem that is, afaik, still not fully fixed.

@Bertram: As I've tested, it is possible to use an item by double clicking on it but it doesn't seem to work on equipments. Also, would it be possible to swap places the "Use" and "Equip" buttons in the Inventory window please, this is easier for a lot of people, well at least for me.

Regards,
Ali
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Ali-G wrote:Also, would it be possible to swap places the "Use" and "Equip" buttons in the Inventory window please, this is easier for a lot of people, well at least for me.
I personally liked it better to have only one button that worked as "Use" when a usable item is selected and as "Equip" when equipment is selected. As it is now, I unerringly click on those of the two buttons I don't need right now.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

Ali-G wrote:@Bertram: As I've tested, it is possible to use an item by double clicking on it but it doesn't seem to work on equipments.
I added support for equipping with double clicking items just like using it. So if a item is usuable it will get used. If it is equippable it will get equipped.

Best regards
Ablu
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Generic packets and client-side scripting :P
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi all :)
Jenalya wrote:I personally liked it better to have only one button that worked as "Use" when a usable item is selected and as "Equip" when equipment is selected. As it is now, I unerringly click on those of the two buttons I don't need right now.
Jenalya is right to me. We don't need two button to simple trigger a contextually similar action.

The evidence of this is that it's factored at the same place in the code. I'll let anyone prove me wrong, of course, but we should only let one button handle the use/equip/unequip events.
Ali-G wrote:I have a full new list of emotes and remade the emote particle effects, making them fade out a bit more slowly. You will need to wait for the next mana client release as the last emote of the emote list is not working. This is a client problem that is, afaik, still not fully fixed.
@Ali: That's cool to hear. But sincerely, I do think you should add the new emotes particle files asap, for the currently existing emotes.
Once I've finished my patch about that fix (which is ~80% done and not that hard to finish), we'll be able to make some tests on it for the next client version. Deal?
EDIT: Ah, I just saw Jenalya opened a discussion about it. It might be wiser to wait for the conclusion.
o11c wrote:Generic packets and client-side scripting :P
;) Generic packet is up to you. As for the client-side client scripting. I know bjorn was interested to add it.

Best regards,

Bertram