Double XP weekend

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Double XP weekend

Post by baseballboy »

So a lot of games have it, I think it would be a good idea from a player's perspective. TMW has never really had a any daily/monthly/quarterly events tbh. Anyone else have a player or developer's stand point?

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Double XP weekend

Post by Frost »

That's an interesting idea. I guess it would require server restarts to make it happen (if it's even possible without hacking code).

About a year ago, some guilds were running weekly events. That kind of fizzled out. I think, like so many other volunteer activities, it was difficult for the organizers to stay enthusiastic over an extended period of time.
I thought it was fun while it lasted, and it was a nice way for guilds to show their rivalries.

What do you think of special events like Christmas, Burns Night, Easter, Towel Day, etc?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

When I think about special holiday events there is only a real item gain. Xp gaining events on the other hand would just be interesting. I don't think it would truly hurt do do it quarterly TBH would just be a fun weekend of grinding!

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Frost wrote:I guess it would require server restarts to make it happen (if it's even possible without hacking code).
Unless this was somehow disabled by your developers, eAthena always had a configuration option to set a multiplier for exp.

There was also that one time where I accidently re-executed all startup scripts on the running server which drastically increased the monster population. The feedback of the player community was quite positive because it really changed the gaming experience in some locations (although I would definitely advise against doing it the way I did it back then, because it could cause a myriad of obscure bugs).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

I think it is a good idea, but I guess it would be better if it lasts only a few days every 6 or 12 months.

We have this kind of event in brazilian server. There is a backstory about a misterious kind of green stone(soul stone) that appeared in a lot of places through the world. If you touch the stone wearing a special ring created by an old alchemist it gives you experience(the amount of experience you got killing monsters while wearing the ring).

It was implemented using Ondeath labels, just like the way you get monster points.
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

alastrim wrote:I think it is a good idea, but I guess it would be better if it lasts only a few days every 6 or 12 months.

We have this kind of event in brazilian server. There is a backstory about a misterious kind of green stone(soul stone) that appeared in a lot of places through the world. If you touch the stone wearing a special ring created by an old alchemist it gives you experience(the amount of experience you got killing monsters while wearing the ring).

It was implemented using Ondeath labels, just like the way you get monster points.
That would be interesting, after you gain this 'ring' do you always gain XP after killing stuff with it? or do you only gain XP when the event is going on?

code11
Peon
Peon

Post by code11 »

From a players perspective this would be great i don't see why we have not done this before, keep things interesting!
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

You have to touch the stone using the ring to transform the energy acumulated (by killing monsters) in experience.
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

BUMP