What do you think of the Blue Sage Quest?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ChaosCrossAG
Novice
Novice

What do you think of the Blue Sage Quest?

Post by ChaosCrossAG »

X)
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Re: What do you think of the Blue Sage Quest?

Post by GonzoDark »

I think the blue sage quest is really fun and well written, but I don't like the instant kill.

I have seen this message about 40 times.. "A slime dripped out of a bookshelf right in front of you and stepped onto it. It exploded. That hurt." .. and at some point.. it is just not fun anymore :evil: haha

But besides that one thing, then I am really enjoying it. :lol:
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I have about the same advice as GonzoDark. My preference goes to helping Peetu, even if I haven't had a lot of enigmas to solve.
I do like the new maps that provide nice new training areas. I think archers will agree with me, they have there extra space to evade yetis . New items are interesting too (I love books :P)
I am impatient know the whole Mangarr's and Kaisei story and punish the evil traitor!
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
ChaosCrossAG
Novice
Novice

Post by ChaosCrossAG »

@GonzoDark Same here, those random instant deaths are really annoying! But other than that the quest is really fun! And I like turning in the book pages, the xp you get is amazing!XD

@Nard Yeah the new maps really provide a lot of room for fighting yetis! And I`ve only gotten one new item so far. I don`t know if it`s new or not but I never got one before. It`s a bottle of ice water!
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

After talking with several players and developers, it seems that something goes wrong with the underlying scripts. We should be able to clear a nest by killing all spawned slimes (with no help). Thus the traps should be triggered considerably less. A bunch of people are actually trying to solve the problem. I am sure that the issue will be cleared soon, and that everybody will keep smile during the whole quest.

/me sings to Death: I've grown accustomed to your face...

Nard aka EFlat
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

Nard wrote: I do like the new maps that provide nice new training areas. I think archers will agree with me,
Totally, maps with ONE yeti :twisted: , nice
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

It's a fun quest. And yes, the instant kills are just horrible!
I also liked the investigating parts of it.
Kudos to the devs.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

Apart from the instant killings that in my opinion should be less frequent, there is no strategy involved in the killing slimes part, is all about probability and that takes a lot of fun out of it.
code11
Peon
Peon

Post by code11 »

i have been stuck on the last "nest" all day along with a few other players. I have killed about 900 Blue Slimes and no luck in clearing this nest. can someone explain why this is happening?
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

@ Jessyb, Tia, Code11: It seems that the part with slimes ambushes is bugged, see:

:arrow: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 23#p123723 just upper!
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

code11 wrote:i have been stuck on the last "nest" all day along with a few other players. I have killed about 900 Blue Slimes and no luck in clearing this nest. can someone explain why this is happening?
I am having the exact same problem as code11, I have extinguished the first 6 nests and the last one does not want to get extinguished as the others.

I have tried being alone, with others and I have tried to enter the spawn-spot from left and right - I have even tried zigzagging (someone suggested it as a joke, but at this point I was eager to try just about anything), but still with no luck.

I have been trying to complete this quest for about 21 hours and now, and I can sadly not recommend anyone trying to complete the slime-quest in it's current state.

ps. I have been playing with the new fix for about 8hours (since 21:21:39 CEST) but it is clearly not working as it should.

EDIT:
Nard wrote:@ Jessyb, Tia, Code11: It seems that the part with slimes ambushes is bugged, see:

:arrow: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 23#p123723 just upper!
+1
Last edited by GonzoDark on 01 May 2012, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Derpella told us yesterday (monday): The quest for the nest is fixe just a bit: smaller probability of blowing up.
The probablilty to die 1 to 20 instead.

And for the blow up it was better but to finish all the nest nothing to do and how much I killed blast & blue and white slimes
GRRRRRRRRRRR! :evil:

But for now we have to wait until a new update. :lol:
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Devs know there is a bug in the current slime-killing part of the quest.

The update several hours ago fixed a problem where the number-of-slimes-killed for a nest was reset when you walked over that spawn spot again. The chance of random death was reduced.
The remaining problem appears to be (pardon my layman's understanding) that blue slime deaths don't always register as "kills" when they should. It's not obvious why.*

It certainly helps to report bugs, whether you find them on the testing server or the main one. It helps when people give details like you've been doing. Please don't interpret a lack of solution to mean lack of motivation, that's all. They're trying.

I like the library maps, I really enjoy the new quest plots, and I love the NPC personalities (especially Peetu).
The new snow maps are great fun, especially the new caves.
Those silk gloves are perfect for some outfits, too.

Many thanks to the devs (especially Jenalya but also Pjotr Orial, Ali-G, salmondine, Yubaba, Pihro, Kandiman, and all the others) who spent months of unpaid work to create such a rich and enjoyable and HUGE addition to the game world!

*I've looked at the script and frankly, if I were clever enough to figure out the problem, I'd already have offered a patch on either here or IRC. https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... slimes.txt
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Frost wrote:Devs know there is a bug in the current slime-killing part of the quest.
The update several hours ago fixed a problem where the number-of-slimes-killed for a nest was reset when you walked over that spawn spot again. The chance of random death was reduced.
The remaining problem appears to be (pardon my layman's understanding) that blue slime deaths don't always register as "kills" when they should. It's not obvious why.*

It certainly helps to report bugs, whether you find them on the testing server or the main one. It helps when people give details like you've been doing. Please don't interpret a lack of solution to mean lack of motivation, that's all. They're trying.

I do think that the "number-of-slimes-killed for a nest" was the main issue and that the "dramatic" increase of death number"is a consequence of it: it made you repeat sometimes a lot the same nest clearing (I saw ZdlN clearing 8 times the same white slime nest).

:oops: I personally do apologize about being late for my complete test report first, and because I THOUGHT that repeated nest slimes clearing was included in developer's intention either. I just say that to point out that good testing needs no suppositions and that I (we) should have rather done a laconic and exhaustive walkthrough report were developers could have seen the excessive repetitions before the quest release.

:!: Once again I join to the:
Many thanks to the devs (especially Jenalya but also Pjotr Orial, Ali-G, salmondine, Yubaba, Pihro, Kandiman, and all the others) who spent months of unpaid work to create such a rich and enjoyable and HUGE addition to the game world!
and I add my thanks to you Frost too, for your efforts, for hosting Test server and for being a nice player and person! :)
The ManaForce be with you all!

I actually look at the script and frankly, if I am clever enough to figure out the problem, I will try to report it correctly :P
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... slimes.txt
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

I just wonder why there would be a difference between the main and the test server...

The Blue Sages' Quest has been tested on the test server by me and many others, and both the probability of being blown up and the number of slime groups you had to kill to extinguish a nest (if I remember correctly about 3-5 or sth like that) were perfectly all right there...

Don't the main and the test server use exactly the same script for this quest? :?:

Anyway, I'm not a programmer, so I have to leave that to smarter minds...