Is there a way to reset my TMW password via email?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Is there a way to reset my TMW password via email?

Post by blackrazor »

Hi all !

I haven't participated in TMW for years, and over time I forgot which passwords I used, and I'm not even 100% sure what exact account name I used within TMW, either. But I am 100% sure of the email address I used to sign up, since it's the very same one I've used for over 15 years.

Is there any way to get a password reset sent to the email address I provided upon account creation for the game, in the very same way as I have just successfully done for the forums? Please let me know. Thanks. :)

===== EDIT =====

A search on the forums produced this link:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =5&t=15406

Which led to this purge-list with my account-name on it:
http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/purge-2009-10-12.txt

So .... I guess I'm perma-deleted, with no way to restore the account. That's a shame, I put some real effort into that account; it was high level with some nice holiday event prizes on it, too.

I think purges are a sad choice to make, especially for characters that are high level. People will often return to an old game they used to enjoy, especially if they had a good time and achieved something there.

Also, perhaps these details should be on the main page, in the registration area, or if you have a "forgot your username / password?" area for the game, as it would clear up this question and maybe save some time and redundant posting on the forums.

Anyways, I think I answered my own question with the lucky results of a search, but if there remains any viable option for me that I may not have considered, please let me know. Thanks.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Is there a way to reset my TMW password via email?

Post by o11c »

blackrazor wrote:I think purges are a sad choice to make, especially for characters that are high level. People will often return to an old game they used to enjoy, especially if they had a good time and achieved something there.
Sad, but unfortunately necessary: the database that stores account info is not very scalable.

It's not that unusual for for systems to purge old accounts, though. Perhaps in the distant future we'll omit purge of characters with a certain level.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.