Suggestion for NPC talk box

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Suggestion for NPC talk box

Post by Pajarico »

For NPCs with simple questions which can be answered with a yes or a no, the buttons 'Ok' and 'Cancel' should become 'Yes' and 'No'.
Maybe the ability to change the text on those buttons with the script and also accept double clicks to select an option.

Discuss.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

The reason why the yes and no options are chosen from a list now is a limitation of RO, or of our level of support for the RO protocol. I think this is a minor issue, which will for sure be solved when we're using our own server.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I think this is a minor issue, which will for sure be solved when we're using our own server.
To me makes using the mouse an annoyance because I have to select the option on the list and hit Ok for every decision.
Also needs more clicks because the NPC first makes the question, you have to click Ok, then lists the options, you select one and finally had to hit Ok again. Which makes 3 clicks for every question...

The optimal method would be the question displayed and the possible answers listed at the same time at the bottom as buttons (unless on cases where there were too many choices, like the Black Jack game).
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.