Can too much AGI break stun-lock? *ALSO* TMW 0.6.0 bug !

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Can too much AGI break stun-lock? *ALSO* TMW 0.6.0 bug !

Post by blackrazor »

I was wondering if too much agility (AGI) can break stun-lock, and if so, is this a bug, or working as intended?

It certainly seems so. I was playing with some archer builds today. I'm level 79, and I made this:
STR 10, AGI 74, VIT 40, INT 1, DEX 90, LUK 10
I fought Drunken Skeletons in the indoor graveyard inn, wearing 4-leaf clover (LUK+1), and testing out Warlord Plate and Forest Armor (DEX+3). So my luck was really 11, and my dexterity was sometimes 90 or 93. In all of these cases, I stun-locked the Drunken Skeleton, holding it in place.
But...
Every time I swapped out my Warlord Helmet for the Cat's Ears (AGI+3), I lost the ability to stun-lock these same monsters. I tried repeatedly, on and off, just to make 100% sure. With AGI 74, and the other stats as I described them, I stun-locked Drunken Skeletons. With AGI 77 (from the Cat's Ears), I did not.

Furthermore, earlier on at level 78, I had gone in with a slightly faster build. Everything as above, except DEX 80, and AGI 82. I could not stun-lock Drunken Skeletons at all with that. I leveled there, to level 79, and upped AGI to 85. Still couldn't stun-lock Drunken Skeletons with that, either.

So how is it the slower build can stun-lock the exact same mob that the faster one cannot ? Does the speed get capped? broken? Or does a fast enough speed somehow interrupt its own stun-locked target, unlocking it?

I had at first thought it was a factor of the harder hitting higher dexterity, but that cannot be it either. Since with the same dexterity of 90 (or 93 .. I tried both), agility of 74 had a successful stun-lock, while the higher agility of 77 did not. The strength of the hits were the same in both of those cases.

Note that in all of these cases, I was using the focus skill Speed, at level 9. I was using ManaPlus 1.2.9.2, but I don't think the client should have any effect on whether I can stun-lock, or not.

EDIT: I tested in TMW client 0.6.0, and it is the exact same behavior there. DEX of 90 or 93 is fine with AGI 74, but as soon as the AGI goes up to 77 (Cat's Ears equipped), stun-lock breaks on the Drunken Skeletons. I tried switching both in the middle of battle, and before a battle began, and in both cases, as soon as the Cat's Ears were equipped, the stun-lock broke.

====

TMW client 0.6.0 bug - invisible bones on the ground

While on the subject of TMW client 0.6.0, I found a bug specific to it, that does not occur in ManaPlus. In TMW client 0.6.0, bones (from regular Skeletons and Lady Skeletons) will show in inventory, but not on the ground. Even if you cannot see them on the ground, they are there, and pressing "z" will pick them up as usual. I first noticed this when I did not see them on the ground when farming Lady Skeletons, but I also tried dropping them on a variety of surfaces (grass, grey cobblestone-brick, red carpet, etc.) and the bones were invisible on the floor each time. I tried re-downloading and re-installing the client (just in case there might have been file corruption), but the exact same glitch persisted. It is fine on ManaPlus by the way, there the bones show up just fine on the ground.

I'm using the Windows install; I have no idea if this effects only that, or all of them.

EDIT: I also went to http://manasource.org/downloads and tested out TMW client 0.6.1 and the bones are still invisible there as well.
Last edited by blackrazor on 11 Sep 2012, 15:57, edited 2 times in total.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Can too much AGI break stun-lock?

Post by Frost »

Yes.
What you describe is a coincidence of timing. It happens when the time between hits matches the time a monster takes to recover from being hit.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Nami
Novice
Novice

Re: Can too much AGI break stun-lock? *ALSO* TMW 0.6.0 bug !

Post by Nami »

Since ive started this game, i've been an archer for the majority of the time. And since im none too good with all that technical stuff and blah blah alien language stuff, this is how I saw it: AGI between 70 + 75 = freeze on Zombies and Skeletons in the GY, and the Drunken things too but idk about that. and any AGI lower or higher than that range you cant freeze, however at a high AGI, like i think 82+ you can freeze Lady Skeletons.
This is how I see it, the noob way :P im not sure about other mobs since I dont normally attack them.]

Have fun

/\/