Make Angela & Cindy quest repeatable weekly

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Make Angela & Cindy quest repeatable weekly

Post by blackrazor »

I propose that a player which has completed the Angela and Cindy quest be given the option to repeat it, at most weekly, if they so desire.

As things currently stand, players do this anyways: in even less than a week they can level an alt up to level 60, repeat the quest, store the rewards, delete the alt, and create a new one.

By just allowing the quest to be repeated, players can farm for the wooden staff (usually) on their main character over time, instead of creating an army of alts to do it for them.

Another equally viable option would be for the quest to just give out the wooden staff and a hat as rewards.

I personally prefer the first option, since many players have already done the quest with the current rewards and might feel it unfair if it changed now, and also because the Yeti waves to save Cindy is like a mini-Candor, in that it is a social group activity that binds the players together to a task in a positive way.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Make Angela & Cindy quest repeatable weekly

Post by o11c »

I disagree. It shouldn't become *too* easy to get duplicates of the hat and staff.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

It already is too easy, players just make an alt up to level 60 in a couple days, using their good gear from their main character, and farm it that way.

My proposal just gives players the opportunity to do it on their main character, instead of making an army of alts.

Also, in my first post, I mentioned that rescuing Cindy is like a mini-Candor, with the same positive social interaction. To continue in that vein, it would be great if Cindy could be asked to make a global announcement, similar to Parua in Candor, something along the lines of:

"Help! It's Cindy! I'm trapped by the Yeti again and a nice adventurer is trying to save me. You have 10 minutes to come and rescue me. It's so cold and scary in this cage, please hurry."
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

I see 2 problems with this suggestion.

1. You state that it is too easy, yet currently the players must do the work to create and level an alt to re-run the quest. You wish to eliminate that necessity and make it even easier? Aside from that point, there are very few reasons to do it more than 2 times (once for the hat and once for the staff), unless you intend to sell the items (in which case you should be forced to work for it) or use them ON THE ALTS.

2. Adding an announcement removes the social aspect of having players request help and again makes it even easier for them to complete. Further, it does not fit the storyline.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

My main problem with this suggestion is that it doesn't fit the storyline. After you saved her, she's in the house at the beach where she thanks you.
Giving the possibility to revisit the cave with the cage to be able to help others in doing the quest is already stretching the stories logic... but saying she got captured again, and then she screams loud enough to be heard all over the world (without any magical power as Parua has), and this 10 minutes before the Yetis come (why do they take so long?)... that's quite a lot of implausible aspects.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

have to agree that there should be another way to get these absolutely essential iemts for a mage other than alt farming. should having multiple accounts really be a requirement to be a mage? another obvious solution is to make new items that have the same magic bonus. like a wand or ritual knife that could even have less attack while still providing that essential magic bonus
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

They arent essential. I've used mages long before the wiz hat and staff. They help, but are by no means essential. I like the way it is currently done.
sexy red bearded GM
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Big Crunch wrote:They arent essential. I've used mages long before the wiz hat and staff. They help, but are by no means essential. I like the way it is currently done.
so everyone should be forced to alt farm?
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Cindy quest isnt exacly a quest that should be repeated considering the prizes help a lot... People farm alts even if it was repeatable because they want extra items from other quests as well. So either way people will have alts. The only reason why some people want these kind of quests repeatable is because its a pain in the ass to get a alt to level 70+. Its done but its a pain in the behind for people.

I think it should be kept the way it is.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Chicka-Maria wrote:Cindy quest isnt exacly a quest that should be repeated considering the prizes help a lot... People farm alts even if it was repeatable because they want extra items from other quests as well. So either way people will have alts. The only reason why some people want these kind of quests repeatable is because its a pain in the ass to get a alt to level 70+. Its done but its a pain in the behind for people.

I think it should be kept the way it is.

regards,
problem is this means those of us who refuse to make an alt because of principle will be way way way behind as a mage. with me its not because its a pain its because ive always been taught alts and mules in online gaming is wrong so ill never do an alt as long as i live. like i said then give another item with the magic bonus. in a class like mage where every single point counts unlike the other two classes we shouldnt be forced to bend the system to get those points
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

way way way behind as a mage
Really ?
Staff gives +5 m.attack. That's about nothing.
Better use a rock knife to get +3 vit.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

v0id wrote:
Really ?
then explain why some mages do 800-100 damage against skulls and i only do 500-780.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

bell chick wrote:
v0id wrote:
Really ?
then explain why some mages do 800-100 damage against skulls and i only do 500-780.
probably because they have higher stat intelligence...

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

The staff is hardly the reason for high damage. I don't play with a staff ever, and I tend to do 800+ damage with lightning. It's a combination of stats (99 int, plus 1 from a sapphire ring, or 97 +3 from a wizard hat), decent equipment, and maxed Astral Soul skill. Admittedly, I have plenty of stuff with good bonuses.. but even before I had those, I did around 6-800 damage, depending. The difference between 99 int and 100 is very high, and in that way, wizard hats are very good prizes. But then again, those are also the most frequent Cindy prize.

More importantly, some quests are made to be done once, because the items are good and not meant to be overflowing in the game market. Yes, some will always farm with alts - the game is not catering to those, rather, they are taking their own time and effort to level alts, because they want more of these items. In any game, the people who make more effort and spend more time tend to have more (unless it's a pay to play game). The staff is rarer than the wizard hats, and that seems to be intended - having the quest be repeatable entirely ruins the point of such a prize, since everyone would have one within a short time. This would also leave wizard hats and staffs with almost no value, when it came to trading.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself