Update PortableApps.com!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

erthkwake
Newly Registered User

Update PortableApps.com!

Post by erthkwake »

There is no page for this on PortableApps.com. I think the link is broken or something.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Re: Update PortableApps.com!

Post by Kazenawa »

Have you tried some search ?

http://portableapps.com/search/node/mana
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The default installer for the Mana client now has an option to do a "portable" installation, so the PortableApps.com version is obsolete when you want a self-contained Mana installation.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

IMO this app is not "Portable". Ann app is not portable unless all files are shared in at least one directory. So the updates would have to save in a directory parallel with the client. I should be able to put the program on a flash drive, get my updates, and not have to get them on another machine unless I truly needed them from the update server because I didn't have them in my path. Some have argued that you can use -s -p -d to set the server, port, directory. This is impossible for a "Portable" function as flashdrives will refuse to hold symbolic links (linux) and shortcuts created by windows. These would also require a user to manually put this information in every time. If the app is in full binary it should not require any more work from the user IMO.

My point is, The update system does not work for portability. Please fix this.

Edit: I have not used any recent clients so forgive me if this information is inaccurate
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

This one is fine or not? It is 0.6. Ok there was one bugfix release later... But it should be perfectly playable:
http://portableapps.com/apps/games/the_ ... d_portable
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

tyvm cody that was very helpfull! :)