Ice Maggot

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Ice Maggot

Post by LEG0LAS »

Ok i made some kind of Ice Maggot in Paint Net.
I just changed the colors of the giant maggot. ( as you can see )
I just want to show the idea. ( the draw is terrible. ) Maybe one of the experts in computer draw of Mana team could make one better. :P

LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Nice idéa.There's only one problem.Where would we put the monster?The santa map already have two monster types.Maybe a new winter map or a cave?
A cave woulde be nice.I like caves.They're cozy and, well, cavy. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Well we already have a winter cave as well, it's filled with bats. But we could replace those with ice maggots.
We're trying to keep the number of simply recoloured monsters as low as possible though. Next thing is the 'jungle maggot', 'desert flower', 'stone spider' and the 'ice goblin'... every single one of 'em recolours. Let's call it the Diablo (d)effect. Don't get me wrong, I liked Diablo pretty much. But when you think you can knock down a zombie in one hit until you meet a yellow one is just kinda silly.

Anyway, yea looks tasty. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Well some games do have a awfull lot of "not very different looking" monsters.
But I still like the ice giant maggot.It would be great to have as a basis for a ice monster if you made it more "transparent" and maybe outlined the shadow of a sword or something else in the body that it have swallowed.Make the giant maggot look like it was some sort of animated ice or something.It already looks like some sort of swollen monster that eats just about anything.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

ok here is the ice goblin. :?

if someone could make one better , please i wanna see. Because my ice monters are not so good , as i said , just ideas for others make better. :wink:

Ewahl
Peon
Peon

Post by Ewahl »

I agree with Modanung. We should try to keep the number of recolored monsters to a minimum. However I think your Ice Maggot and Ice Gobblin look just fine.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Anyway the next update will provide at least 2 new monsters, and others are in development.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

i dont think that recoloring monsters does any harm, but solely relying on a different color scheme for the same monsters through out the entire game is a bit rediculus. Using different colored monsters can create a variety of monsters (which is a good thing in my opinion). As long as the sites are set on creating something like 5 new monsters for each new area, doing things like changes the monster colors will just be a way to add more of a variety of monsters.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

I have no problems with just different colors of monsters. I would welcome it.
Also if other shirts would be made using recoloring I would be happy. Of course twenty same shape creatures only with different color in one location isn't good but for example 3 kinds of slimes are OK. What about red snake?
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Alderan wrote:I have no problems with just different colors of monsters. I would welcome it.
Also if other shirts would be made using recoloring I would be happy. Of course twenty same shape creatures only with different color in one location isn't good but for example 3 kinds of slimes are OK. What about red snake?
i don't see any problem wit recolor monters too. like 3 diferent kinds as you said. if they be in diferent maps for me its OK too :D

about the snake , here it is.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

For me it's not a problem as long as it's not just recolours. Add a stripe on his back, some spikes, make a snake's head more cobra like or add a rattle. With other monsters you might add some armor, body painting, a patch of hair, make it faster. Anything to make it look like more then just a recolour of some other monster.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

And who said there is a limit of two monster types per map? ;)
About re-coloring, if I had a few sheets with nicely remade monsters it would be great, they even doesn't need to have different stats but would add some variety. For example Ice Maggots would be for newbies on Snow map, and the map would become more populated.

Regards.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

you know... now that you mention it...
if we have multiple towns, and a player could choose what town he spawned at, then each town could use the same set of "newbie" monsters, such as maggots, goblins, and scorpians, that match the towns atmisphere. then, the newbies could go to whatever town they would like, and not be overwhelmed by super powerful monsters, but the newbie monsters would not be out of place. any thoughts?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

If I underestood well...you want same monsters in any town?

Regards.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

So about the snake. I was trying to do my best. I'm not a pixel artist. I'm a programmer :? So I hope you will like it any way.

So here it is:

It should live in some dark place - cave. I'm trying to create map for it, but it is too hard :cry: I'll see.