A kind of halloween event ... feedback

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

radiant
Novice
Novice

Re: A kind of halloween event ... feedback

Post by radiant »

Survival was no issue at all (though I hear a blatant "CHOO-CHOO" sound once the pumpkins suddenly start hitting for 150 instead of 15 for no reason, after collecting all the seeds). The bigger problem was that the quest didn't provide even the slightest hint that it was supposed to be a "speed matters" killing spree until the 2-minute warning, which doesn't leave enough time for me to change focus effectively, let alone any way to request outside backup.

To say "oh well, at least you get to try again in 349 days, unless you've been hoarding additional characters, in which case you get to take another shot RIGHT NOW" tells me that the game is not only turning a blind eye on, but still actively inviting the same kinds of abuses that ran wild in the bot-stacking days.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nami97 wrote:There was not going to be a Halloween event after the one planned backfired, but if it wasn't for V0id and Jenalya to take their time to actually hurriedly put this quest together for you, there would not have been one in the first place.
This is a seasonal quest, not Halloween quest...just thought i should put that out there. The Halloween quest could not be released because the things the quest needed was handed in to late..

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

radiant wrote: To say "oh well, at least you get to try again in 349 days, unless you've been hoarding additional characters, in which case you get to take another shot RIGHT NOW" tells me that the game is not only turning a blind eye on, but still actively inviting the same kinds of abuses that ran wild in the bot-stacking days.
There's a huge difference between using one character at a time for multiple slots within an account, vs the old problem of using multiple accounts at once and taking combat multipliers and other effects.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Hello all :)

two days passed by... and I would like to say sorry about what i caused with this thread. My intention was a feedback thread about the new after-Halloween yearly event with positive, negative or constructive critic. But i did the failure, that i opened this thread some minutes ago after my death and after i recognized that i cannot repeat the quest, I was very disappointed at this moment :(, so my post was not very constructive. (and most parts of my 2nd post was ironically meant)

Some people asked me, if i hate Void now, hell NO! I like Void before and still do. He was always friendly and helpfully to me and you can talk with him in a nice way. And like Johanne and Silent Dawn mentioned sooner, its really great, that he used his free time to make such a quest in short time, so that Manaworld people can enjoy Halloween here too (since the planned Halloween event didn't take place).

I said in my first post, I LIKE the quest idea for several reasons, its funny to watch others, nice dialog, its a challenge and the best: player helping each other. Many people like it. Would be nice if more people would write their positive feedback here or say it to you directly.

I only dislike the "One try, each year"-part like it is at the moment, the quest didn't provide even the slightest hint (like Radiant said) about what the player have to expect and that players have only one try...! Your idea would be fine for me too, if there would be any hint about that, like "call your friends, the field is too big for you alone and Oscar can do this only once each year..." (i don't know, that was spontaneously)

Some players still have one character ("crazy") and some players reported me lags and being disconnected during the challenge, so no wonder, that they are disappointed, if the answer will be "Hey, you can try in one year again". I was not really prepared what will happen. I wanted to test and to look, what will happen. Its common for me that the death doesn't count and that i can try again, like it was common in almost all quest at past (excluded: the ill Mouboo).

I know, its only all about a golden apple... and i really feel sorry about that i started that thread...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Spontaneous feedback is the most honest, and the most honest feedback is the most useful.

And people who can't take any negative feedback should consider a different hobby than game development ;)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

"Rage Quit" feedback isn't always useful.
However I see things could be more obvious, since
[Oscar]
They also mentioned something strange about them, but hey, who cares! Just rumors!
isn't enough to give a hint that something bad could happen. Hence next year Oscar will give some hint right before the infestation can be started, to remind the player to get prepared.
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

v0id wrote:"Rage Quit" feedback isn't always useful.
However I see things could be more obvious, since
[Oscar]
They also mentioned something strange about them, but hey, who cares! Just rumors!
isn't enough to give a hint that something bad could happen. Hence next year Oscar will give some hint right before the infestation can be started, to remind the player to get prepared.
I don't think that telling the player that something bad will happen is the issue, I would assume that the issue is the severity of the attacks that the player would have to face. Having Oscar mention spiders living in the pumpkins or mentioning to the players in some way that adding water to the pumpkin mutates small spiders living inside would benefit the players more. Maybe mentioning something about not being able to retry the quest would benefit the players too. All in all, I think that it is a great quest that could use a bit of content tweaking. Good job developers.
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
evadem
Novice
Novice

Post by evadem »

Ginaria I will give you a golden apple free if you wish one.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Hello Void :), people had a spontaneous idea about a THANK YOU :D, i hope you will like ;)
Mana_Screenshot_25.jpg
Mana_Screenshot_25.jpg (247.79 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Mana_Screenshot_27.jpg
Mana_Screenshot_27.jpg (243.52 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Mana_Screenshot_32.jpg
Mana_Screenshot_32.jpg (243.96 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Mana_Screenshot_33.jpg
Mana_Screenshot_33.jpg (249.34 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Thanks Ladies and Gents, very nice to see :D :mrgreen:

To thank you all, next year, the player doing the quest will also die when killing a pumpkin :cry: