A kind of halloween event ... feedback

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

A kind of halloween event ... feedback

Post by Ginaria »

Hello :(

i tested some minutes ago the halloween event... first i was really happy, that developers finished it. But after trying it, i was really disappointed. I like the quest idea and its really okay, that it is small quest, which can be finished relatively fast, BUT who had the stupid (i am sorry to say that) idea, that the player dont have the chance to get the main-reward after death :O, i cannot redo the quest, if i died, no chance to get main-reward! .... There is no info, that a high leveled player needs a mage, who heals, and some other players, which kills the other monsters running around... so big thank you, whoever had this idea! :(
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Re: A kind of halloween event ... feedback

Post by Travolta »

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the reward. Few of my other friends (high-level) died as well.

You have friends to help you with such quests, so please next time ask for help. It's a social game after all :)

Travolta.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Ginaria,

1. From a single player point of view, explain me how Oscar should be stupid enough to try to plant again the seeds that ruined his farm, that to allow you to try again?
2. If you see particle effects exploding on your character, and large green bubbles popping above his head, you should think about healing :) The poison lasts 5s so it's fairly easy to heal.
3. The quest is easily doable alone. Being helped just makes it even easier.
4. This is _not_ the halloween event.
5. You'll be happy to hear that we had the stupid idea to let you try again next year :)

P.S: I can sell you a golden delicious apple for 1M if you want :)
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Last edited by SudoPlatypus on 04 Apr 2013, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

sorry , i need to ask

should all quests be completable 100% all of the time?

I know historically they have been, but being honest i hope not!
i didnt complete this quest 50% of the time, and thats okay!

Thats why we have alts, and we need to wait!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

I would like to thank V0id for his creation to the event "After Halloween" in a fairly short time.

I enjoyed this little quest and have succeeded with the help of friends and players.

In addition I would like to thank Nard for the procedure (walkthrough) of this event on the Wiki!

Nice work V0id & Nard

Johanne :D
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

prsm wrote:Thats why we have alts, and we need to wait!
How much incentive are players supposed to have to stock up on lots and lots of characters for themselves? Haven't we had rules put in place precisely because this kind of behavior was overincentivized?
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

v0id wrote:Ginaria,

1. From a single player point of view, explain me how Oscar should be stupid enough to try to plant again the seeds that ruined his farm, that to allow you to try again?
2. If you see particle effects exploding on your character, and large green bubbles popping above his head, you should think about healing :) The poison lasts 5s so it's fairly easy to heal.
3. The quest is easily doable alone. Being helped just makes it even easier.
4. This is _not_ the halloween event.
5. You'll be happy to hear that we had the stupid idea to let you try again next year :)

P.S: I can sell you a golden delicious apple for 1M if you want :)
Thanks for the offer, i started to collect 1.000.000gp for an apple, that is surely a good offer, if i have paid 3.000.000gp for bottle of sand, which i cannot eat at least. Good that some people knew, that you don't get a golden apple, if you die, so hopefully some people collected a basket of such apples. Or i wait till next year, seems i am too weak at level 98, so next year with level 99, i could survive hopefully. And if do an event next time, i will try to log-in, if not only 19 people online, that could be not enough to heal me and to help fighting the monsters. Seems i have not seen the warning about this is a group event. And thanks that people get another chance at rescue Cindy quest, she could be eaten by yetis meanwhile, if you cannot rescue her at first time. Probably i felt me to safe at level 98, so i expected, i could start the event and see what will happen to check, if i need potions or probably armor and weapon too. I noticed, it seems so, next year i will be more clever. And finally we have now a good reason to have many characters (at level 45 at least), so we have some more tries to fail or to succeed. Oh before i forget, an event with pumpkins, how i could think, it could be something to do with halloween...
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Ginaria wrote:Oh before i forget, an event with pumpkins, how i could think, it could be something to do with halloween...
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 78#p127878
Ginaria wrote:And if do an event next time, i will try to log-in, if not only 19 people online, that could be not enough to heal me and to help fighting the monsters. Seems i have not seen the warning about this is a group event.
See 3.
tsukinokage
Peon
Peon

Post by tsukinokage »

I managed to get the golden apple with just one char alone which is lvl 68 without help from others, so what void said "it's easily doable alone" is true. My char is a mage, I just use #frillyar to kill pumpkins, and myself use #ingrav on spiders and archant far away from pumpkin area. I believe warriors and archers can do it alone easily too, as long as they bring enough healing items, and even better bring some slow poison potions. I never say any warrior or archer tried this quest with healing items, that maybe why they think it's hard.

I hate the idea of creat many alt chars, and I feel sad eveytime someone say mage is too powerful. Actually the fact is mages are too weak, they even can't get enough sulphor powder and iron powder without alt char. I become mage when I'm still around lvl 40. And I do create alt to get pile of ash, but it's really boring and sad to need alt to collect these things for my main char, so I stopped collect these things with them. Now I almost run out of sulphor powder and iron powder, and almost lost interest in the game. Life is already hard for mage, hard to collect items themself, hard to get equipments for mages, still most players and developers think mages should be weaker, they try make life even harder for mage.

Still, I don't mind I can't get wooden staff, wizard hat and sorcerer robe, I just wait for new magic spell to come out. I don't mind can't be a high lvl player, just do eager to learn more spells, various kind of spells. Seems someone is working on dark magic spell, after that he/she will focus on lvl 3 magic spells. So that means nobody is working on new magic spell yet(dark magic spell not count). And learned from the past news, many project may often delay or even die, hope new magic spell will come out before I totally lost interest in this game. This is really the best and almost the only Linux 2D MMORPG game. If I totally lost interest in it, I'll never play game again.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think that any challenges where you can try something only one time ever per character and when you fail you miss out on something don't fit into MMORPGs. They are just frustrating for the player.
v0id wrote:explain me how Oscar should be stupid enough to try to plant again the seeds
But he is stupid enough to do it again for every new player who comes around?

Gameplay is always more important than consistency and logic. Consistency and logic might be a good game design guideline most of the time, but the moment where they lead you in the wrong direction, you have to abandon them.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Last edited by SudoPlatypus on 04 Apr 2013, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Qwerty Dragon wrote:(and the general idea of rares and unobtainable items in this game for that matter).
Most MMORPG's have unobtainable items, it wont be removed anytime soon....also fyi this quest is seasonal, which means it happens every year there for the apple is obtainable once a year....but i do agree it can be aggravating for players that the quest can't be done if you die and will encourage people to make more alts

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

First of all, i want to say that for a quest made in such a short time, it is a nice quest :)
It was good to see players helping each other even if the quest didnt require to much help to finish it (some healings, healing items), because the difficulty, in my opinion, was not that high.
The fact we dont get the reward if we die when trying to kill the pumpkins, it's nice because it's different from all the quests i did; so players in this quest have to be carefull and not simply think "i'm poisoned, injured, but i ll continue to kill monsters because if i die i can always start the quest over and over again".

But for those who couldnt finish it, there is always another chance next year, just be more carefull :wink:
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

I can see why some people are frustrated that they didn't their apple..

Like V0id and others say, this quest is seasonal, it can be done every year. This is a game, don't expect to win every time, there's always next time. There was not going to be a Halloween event after the one planned backfired, but if it wasn't for V0id and Jenalya to take their time to actually hurriedly put this quest together for you, there would not have been one in the first place. So please appreciate what you have instead of what you haven't. Besides, like said above, this quest is do-able without any help so there is no reason to complain for not getting an apple, all you had to do was eat something! Also I think it's good that the other players stuck around to help those doing the quest, it really boosts community spirit! It's a little different to what everyone is used to but I think it mixes things up, I sure would like to see more of this in other quests (of course, only ones where eventually you can obtain the reward) Anyways, you got evil killer pumpkins with drops which most people don't have.

I really don't like the negative vibe from this, there is no reason at all for this. This won't help the developers and like I said, you were lucky enough to even have a quest, when the dev team (which is such a small number) focused to do this instead of the more important things which need attention. I especially don't like the fact that the quest is being called stupid, is it stupid that V0id and Jenalya did this for you? Please don't complain, it does not help at all.

I'm sorry that if this posts seems angry and unfriendly but calling the quest stupid isn't?
Just appreciate that someone did go out of their way to at least give you a quest...

/\/