simple ring quest

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

do you want the simple ring quest price lowered

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 12
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: simple ring quest

Post by tux9th »

this is one of the things that balances the Gp in the game.
I don't want to change this. 1kk GP isn't that much.

greets
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

As tux said, 1 Mgp isn't that much.

I admit it's boring to get, but you can get it quite fast if you do daily quests everyday and if you don't stop killing red slimes in the terranite quest. I'd advice you to use a speed archer for this because, even if you use arrows, you grind money really fast. Though, i haven't tried a speed raging warrior stated especially for this task, maybe that's as fast but costless.

Also, removing an added gem is really expensive, mostly if you want to add a different gem instead the one you have. In this case, that's better to make another gemring.
Besides, if you're planning on getting all 6 gemrings, you should know that, to my opinion at least, only 3 or 4 of them are really useful, depending on which build you're going to use. I thinking to ruby ring, topaz ring, sapphire ring and amethyst ring. A diamond or an emerald ring isn't vital at all.

Believe me, that's boring, but if you grind only for it and if you aren't in a big rush, you can get it quite quickly, and once you've it you enjoy it better, although i know that's only a +1 item... But take it as a luxury item ! ;)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

1 Mgp isn't that much.
It depends which kind of gamer you are :/
Let's imagine you use official client, that you want to play a warrior, that you have only one character and one account and that you can mostly play the week ends and don't use re-stat (reasonable hypothesis don't you think so? :) )....
We could also imagine that we are again up to 110 players online and that we have to deal with some more player slayers...
But the worst I think is the 500k to remove the gem. You have to wait for level 85 for a second one...
But I don't agree with
you have to spend it on arrows even if you do get it it takes 3x as long to get
Even if you add arrow price, Archers are the fastest red slime grinders: 5000 arrows are only 10 pairs of boots. I multiplicated my income (but not my bank account because of rings and armor prices) by 3 since I use a fast archer to do it.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Nard wrote:It depends which kind of gamer you are :/
Hum yes. When i did my amethyst ring i haven't collected 1 Mgp but i got the half from selling items, that's way fastest. Though, i haven't my whole life to play, maybe that's why i prefer selling things and don't spend hours to boringly kill slimes.
Nard wrote:Let's imagine you use official client, that you want to play a warrior, that you have only one character and one account and that you can mostly play the week ends and don't use re-stat (reasonable hypothesis don't you think so? :) )....
We could also imagine that we are again up to 110 players online and that we have to deal with some more player slayers...
In this case, even a life wouldn't be enough yes... But a gemring certainly isn't an absolute need.
Nard wrote:This way a life would probably not be enough ^^.
But the worst I think is the 500k to remove the gem. You have to wait for level 85 for a second one...
I agree with you for the removing cost. Anyway, in reality, even if you couldn't make yourself a gemring easily, for sure you could easily remove it's gemstone. And i doubt our great warriors aren't able to do it too... Paying for it isn't a good idea at all.

But, about the gemring price, i'm quite undecise. That because, for sure, 1 Mgp is really too much for a +1 stat item. Though, that's not a vital item at all, and having it is only some pleasure, that's luxury only. If you decrease it's price, why wouldn't you decrease the price of the monster skull helmet or the high priest crown ? I admit they cost more because their stat addition compared to gemrings is really higher. Though, spending 15 Mgp on it, seriously ?
They're probably made to balance the games back accounts, to make very rich people spend their money, but, if you decrease the gemring's price, i think it's logical that you decrease those hats' price too.

You might argument that the +1 got from a gemring is great for your character's stats, it allows more flexibility in worn armors to reach 100 or a multiple of 10 in the concerned stat, but with their magical attack/defense addition, items i've quoted above might be considered as needed too, even if really few players own them. They're a really good addition to mages' stats.
simbageoleo wrote:a million gp is hard to get if your an archer like me as you have to spend it on arrows even if you do get it it takes 3x as long to get and with the time i play for it will take forever i unlike some people dont waste my entire life trying to grind in a game when i can do real life things like make dinner cook clean and generaly do chores that need to be done
Nard said it and i confirm it. Even if you consider arrows' cost, you'll get you million faster if you hunt red slimes being a speed archer. Even an amazingly quick warrior will lose more time. Well, actually you'll need to get more than 1 Mgp, maybe 1,3 Mgp if you consider the arrows' cost, but believe me that you'll get even those 1,3 Mgp faster ;).
Of course, to hunt that fast and using less arrows as possible, you need appropriate stats that allows you to kill a red slimes each time with only 2 arrows, and you need the fastest attack delay possible for your level. Killing a red slimes with 2 shots don't require a high level at all, but killing them this way with around 400 ms of delay between 2 attacks, as an archer, still requires a rather high level.

If you're too low level to reach those stats, i'd advice you to get a higher level to reach it. You'll spend really less time with a higher level. And, as it's impossible to have (i'm archer-reasoning) 99 in 2 differents stats before a rather high level, a gemring isn't useful at all before a high level, if it's useful to a high level...
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Kazenawa wrote:1 Mgp is really too much for a +1 stat item.
You might argument that the +1 got from a gemring is great for your character's stats, it allows more flexibility in worn armors to reach 100 or a multiple of 10 in the concerned stat,
That's really a huge thing.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

o11c wrote:That's really a huge thing.
That's one yes, but it won't change a lot in your gamestyle. It only allows you to wear different clothes while fighting. When you're not fighting, having a gemring or not changes nothing no ?
But i admit that's better to be able to keep the 100 in one stat bonus and wearing other clothes/armor while fighting. You're only a little less powerful without the ring.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Rings are a minor bonus, less powerful than many armors. They're something for higher-level characters to aspire towards, and there are enough different ones to keep collectors busy for a little while.

Is the concern that it takes too long to get a ring? If so, how long do you think it should take? What do you propose to replace that item as a late-game quest?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown