Make events (like the santa quest) more fair to new players

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

bell chick
Novice
Novice

Make events (like the santa quest) more fair to new players

Post by bell chick »

hey all been playing this game a few weeks and love it. i play near constantly but i have one issue. i cant do the santa quest. because i haven't done enough? no its because there's a player age limit. i understand the thought to eliminate exploiting alts to obtain multiple rares but at the same time its not fair to new but dedicated players. one suggestion i have is to keep the current limits but add a bypass if a certain level is achieved (like say 60-70) something doable but taking dedication to make in that amount of time. this way not all your newbies will feel allienated and left out of the good things the game has to offer
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Make events (like the santa quest) more fair to new play

Post by Nard »

As it was said somewhere else, the decision not to allow new or lower level Characters was taken to prevent actual players from creating huge amounts of characyers just to complete the event. Yes, It may seem unfair to you but we all had to climb this step. You just have to wait a bit to be able to do them. By the way, the seasonal quests ( snow man's sweets and Santa helper), should take you busy enough for a while and give you nice "rare" items too (turtle neck for example).
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Hi bell chick,
I'm happy you like the game and I can understand your frustration that you can't do this years Christmas event. We try to make the age requirement as short as possible to avoid affecting new players too much. Unfortunately such a bypass as you suggest probably won't work for the persons the whole restriction is targeted at, players who already have quite a lot of alts and are able to use their collected resources to boost their newly created characters with equipment and items.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Nard wrote:As it was said somewhere else, the decision not to allow new or lower level Characters was taken to prevent actual players from creating huge amounts of characyers just to complete the event. Yes, It may seem unfair to you but we all had to climb this step. You just have to wait a bit to be able to do them. By the way, the seasonal quests ( snow man's sweets and Santa helper), should take you busy enough for a while and give you nice "rare" items too (turtle neck for example).
finished those two long ago.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Jenalya wrote:Hi bell chick,
I'm happy you like the game and I can understand your frustration that you can't do this years Christmas event. We try to make the age requirement as short as possible to avoid affecting new players too much. Unfortunately such a bypass as you suggest probably won't work for the persons the whole restriction is targeted at, players who already have quite a lot of alts and are able to use their collected resources to boost their newly created characters with equipment and items.
thanks for the reply and understood. worst case i guess i wait a year lol
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

bell chick wrote: thanks for the reply and understood. worst case i guess i wait a year lol
Not so much, there are seasonal quests and events sooner: Easter for example
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.