Suggestion on PVP

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

alastrim
Novice
Novice

Re: Suggestion on PVP

Post by alastrim »

I just remembered I have already worked on a code like this in 2011. The code is just a sketch, but it works: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=13964

The "arena" is the theater and the players can watch the fight from outside. I think it is possible to set a timer and make the match open for bets from the players before it actually begins. Maybe someone could review and/or add new things to it.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

alastrim wrote:The "arena" is the theater and the players can watch the fight from outside.
I have always wondered where the theatre doors on stage went to or how to get to them. This would be a great place, as long as the arena is bigger than the stage there. It's also quite a way from town. A Soul Menhir sure would be nice, even better if you could warp there. It should be easy for an audience to get to, wherever it is.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Ledmitz wrote:
alastrim wrote:The "arena" is the theater and the players can watch the fight from outside.
I have always wondered where the theatre doors on stage went to or how to get to them. This would be a great place, as long as the arena is bigger than the stage there. It's also quite a way from town. A Soul Menhir sure would be nice, even better if you could warp there. It should be easy for an audience to get to, wherever it is.
There is at the moment no way to go on the stage
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

Get a Hitchikers's Towel, dye it orange, and say "Thank You, Sir" every time someone pvp kills you in the terra mines. Eventually the PVP trolls who reguarly hang out in there will lose interest in killing you when they see it doesn't bother you. Trolls hate it when you ignore them.
Tasisia
Peon
Peon

Post by Tasisia »

Good idea Lord Dune. I have wondered what the reward is for these players in killing people who don't try and kill them back (or are far too weak to even have a chance to get them back).

I remember a time when, as low levels, (under 80) we grouped together and got a pvper back, I had a good laugh at that and so did the pvper and he never tried to get me again, it was actually fun. Not sure of the other low levels in the group. I also remember the reason that the pvper decided not to keep attacking me was because I laughed at it and didn't complain.

I really think some players get way too worked up over something that is just a game. Seriously.

Pixels on a screen.
Cheers
Tas.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

LordDune wrote:Get a Hitchikers's Towel, dye it orange, and say "Thank You, Sir" every time someone pvp kills you in the terra mines. Eventually the PVP trolls who reguarly hang out in there will lose interest in killing you when they see it doesn't bother you. Trolls hate it when you ignore them.
the correct color into the terr cave is pink not orange, orange would take you to the graveyard. problem with this is most who can afford the 1 million for a towel dont need the cash and ores that are farmed in that cave.
Tasisia
Peon
Peon

Hitchhiker towels

Post by Tasisia »

bell chick wrote:... problem with this is most who can afford the 1 million for a towel dont need the cash and ores that are farmed in that cave.
True Bell Chick. This means when we do finally get one we'll have to choose wisely what colour to dye it.

I am hoping to be around to do the Lost Hitchhiker http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... Hitchhiker annual quest? ..."annual quest, open from the 18th of May to the 25th of May, in honor of Douglas Adams". Only just learnt this year that it is an annual quest, should have been reading the wiki. At least there is hope of getting one towel maybe. :)
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Re: Hitchhiker towels

Post by bell chick »

Tasisia wrote:
bell chick wrote:... problem with this is most who can afford the 1 million for a towel dont need the cash and ores that are farmed in that cave.
True Bell Chick. This means when we do finally get one we'll have to choose wisely what colour to dye it.

I am hoping to be around to do the Lost Hitchhiker http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... Hitchhiker annual quest? ..."annual quest, open from the 18th of May to the 25th of May, in honor of Douglas Adams". Only just learnt this year that it is an annual quest, should have been reading the wiki. At least there is hope of getting one towel maybe. :)
yes i know ive been looking forward to it. course ive hadf good fortune and recently got soe towels funny i wanted terr cave originally and istead went with hurn nivalis and the gy
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

I jokingly said to some people the other day while waiting for Illias, "wouldn't it be funny if this island was a pvp area"? In all seriousness though, it might actually be fun to have some sort of a small quest begin inside of the terranite caves, maybe some sort of shirt with a bulls-eye on it that signified you made it through. Maybe even where the only way you could enter that quest is to have a certain level of kills from pvp'ing. I have seen there is some sort of pvp counter system in place already, no idea how it works.

And no, I don't regularly pvp much except when others attack me, but I do realize pvp can be fun if you don't take the kills personally.
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Re: Hitchhiker towels

Post by LordDune »

Tasisia wrote:

The towels become undyed after use. You can force them to become undyed if you just click to use them repeatedly. Personally, I think the Hitchhiker should allow you to change the color of your towel at any time, it seems a bit ridiculous to have to click as many as 100 times to force your towel to become undyed when you want to change the area you warp to. And of course I understand that you can own more than one towel to solve this problem, but most people are lucky to have 1 of them.