a seperate Server for Forum & Wiki

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Slimor
Peon
Peon

a seperate Server for Forum & Wiki

Post by Slimor »

Hello Alll

Subject should be selfexplained
why you wanna know?
if the Server is down again, the Devs could inform us about there work and we could spam around
when i think how old the game is, i wondering myself why its not already done
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: a seperate Server for Forum & Wiki

Post by o11c »

It does, indeed, sound like a good idea.

We'd have to tweak the registration system, though ... but that's already something that's very fragile and I'd like to replace it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

baseballboy wrote:Or just setup a load balancing server ( http://wiki.nginx.org/LoadBalanceExample ) and have multiple servers; that would make the most sense to me for the web servers anyway.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 59#p127759

I still think load balancing would be nice, have several servers hosting the information. Although the forum would be an issue with load balancing, but you get the general idea.
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I've said the same thing too, but after spending some time looking for good ad-free hosts for websites and forums, I can see why it has not already been done. It can also be tough finding one for free that let's you run the script languages you want to use. BUT, if this is an issue, it would still be nice if you could have port forwarding to be triggered by your domain ONLY when there is no response from TMW server machine, pointing to a page that states you are offline. Even better if you can mirror everything to it. :)

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

There are already several older threads on that topic, for example:
Forum / Wiki / Homepage in feedback too.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.