trade skill

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ali.footballist
Peon
Peon

trade skill

Post by ali.footballist »

Hi,as u know iam an old player but i still have this question:why can t i upgrade my trade skill. so then i think trade skill can help us buy things with a lower price
for example:we have 1.2kk and we want to buy a thing for 1kk so then when we give the player 1kk then we have 210k..
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: trade skill

Post by Crush »

ali.footballist wrote:we have 1.2kk and we want to buy a thing for 1kk so then when we give the player 1kk then we have 210k..
...and then you trade back and you have 1.210k. And then you two do it again and you have 1.220k. And again, and again, and again until you have more money than you two could ever spend.

See the problem?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

In the distant future, a "barter" skill might be used to decrease the penalty when trading with NPCs. ... I can't guaranteed that the client properly interprets the "discounted item" packet, but I can work around it if I have to.

I've also thought about removing the requirement to learn the existing trade/emote/party skills ... this is kind of getting off your topic though.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:I've also thought about removing the requirement to learn the existing trade/emote/party skills ... this is kind of getting off your topic though.
Originally, this is a part of the tutorial and is supposed to let the new player understand what a skill is. There was also a "sit" skill which has fortunately been suppressed here. The trade skill is somewhat weird, as a trade-skilled char can trade a non skilled one, the opposite is of course impossible. Perhaps would it be possible to extend the actual tutorial with a quest-shape-visit to the 3 concerned NPCs (add Luca and Bard for magic?) and give some information about skills in game. Note that learning these skills also teach how to trade, which is not that obvious to a newcomer, inform about parties and experience sharing and help to deal with the client windows.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.