boss point

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ali.footballist
Peon
Peon

boss point

Post by ali.footballist »

Hi,as you know condor quest is an old quest but unfortunately boss point is a useless thing.so in this topic I want you to say your ideas about it. I personally think that since boss point useless,condor quest is useless too.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Re: boss point

Post by straelyn »

useless or not, it sure is fun
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Boss points should not be intended to "measure" the number of Bosses you "killed"?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

Candor is a community event. Everyone level 40 and up can participate. I sponsor candor because:
1. I want other players to have fun
2. I want to get good experience
3. I want other players to get good experience
4. I love JackOs and skulls. Skeletons not so much, they smell funny

My suggestions for Candor:
1. Make all boss points reflect number of times completed, not as a multiple of 100
2. Make boss points redeemable for discounts on future Candor raids
3. Keep a list onboard Parua showing the top 50 or so characters to complete the raid the most times
This IS a sig
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

BoomerTheKran wrote:1. Make all boss points reflect number of times completed, not as a multiple of 100
That is technically feasible, but doesn't buy us anything. If we ever have a use for Boss Points, e.g. being able to "buy" special items, chances are some relatively common items could be bought for some fraction - 20, 25, 50 - points.
BoomerTheKran wrote:2. Make boss points redeemable for discounts on future Candor raids
That's a good idea on its own, but the question is whether it would conflict with other uses for Boss Points that we may want to use in the future. And when it comes down to it, Candor entrance can be bought with mere money, but other rewards would not be able to.
BoomerTheKran wrote:3. Keep a list onboard Parua showing the top 50 or so characters to complete the raid the most times
We just got rid of a bunch of high-score-list thingies, on the grounds that it might have been causing lag. The server is going to restart tomorrow so we'll be able to see the effect.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:
BoomerTheKran wrote:3. Keep a list onboard Parua showing the top 50 or so characters to complete the raid the most times
We just got rid of a bunch of high-score-list thingies, on the grounds that it might have been causing lag. The server is going to restart tomorrow so we'll be able to see the effect.
If it is difficult to have this kind of top ranking information inside game, it may be possible to have it outside such as on a web site page? The same could also apply to other ranking like hungry fluffies numbers and, (why not?) fastest myriam runs.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

Nard wrote:
o11c wrote:
If it is difficult to have this kind of top ranking information inside game, it may be possible to have it outside such as on a web site page? The same could also apply to other ranking like hungry fluffies numbers and, (why not?) fastest myriam runs.
I like that better. Players could see the challenges that await them in their daily play
This IS a sig
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Nard wrote:If it is difficult to have this kind of top ranking information inside game, it may be possible to have it outside such as on a web site page?
The problem is not in what file it is saved, it is the fact that it needs to be saved at all.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.