make bone arrows a little more affordable

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

bell chick
Novice
Novice

make bone arrows a little more affordable

Post by bell chick »

bone arrows are a cool but pretty much never used item because theyre ridiculously priced. you can actually buy terr arrows off of mana market almost all the time for less.

most obvious is to just lower the price to 15-20gp. this would still make mthem not used often as the cost is still high but would make them useful as an occasional weapon when weight is a huge issue

another would be to have a bulk package making the arrows the same cost unless you buy a lot then the cost could drop fairly dramatically. this would have the same positive affect as the first idea

lastly and this could be the most interesting: make it a quest. have an npc that can craft arrows from our excess bones making them much more affordable. and possibly add a transmute spell for them at a later date.
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Re: make bone arrows a little more affordable

Post by BoomerTheKran »

I have another suggestion: a spell with a random amount produced from a [Bone] and based on the stats INT and DEX. Yeah, I know people could sit and make them forever, but so?
This IS a sig
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

This probably wouldn't break anything ... it does make sense to have a use for bones.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

BoomerTheKran wrote:I have another suggestion: a spell with a random amount produced from a [Bone] and based on the stats INT and DEX. Yeah, I know people could sit and make them forever, but so?
i said a transmute spell. i do like basing it in part on dex though. more chance of them being used by the archer and less chance just being another cash cow
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

bell chick wrote:i said a transmute spell. i do like basing it in part on dex though. more chance of them being used by the archer and less chance just being another cash cow
Spells are intended to be casted by mages. I see in this Idea a good candidate for magic level 3.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

Nard wrote:
bell chick wrote:i said a transmute spell. i do like basing it in part on dex though. more chance of them being used by the archer and less chance just being another cash cow
Spells are intended to be cast by mages. I see in this Idea a good candidate for magic level 3.
yes its a pretty good candidate for level 3 magic. i still also feel a npc to make the arrows would be beneficial as well