Making terranite arrows being overweight

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Making terranite arrows being overweight

Post by Piateluca »

I accidentally made some while being overweight and I'm not really sure if the dialog prevented me telling me that i was overweight since I didn't read ( :oops: ) but what I want to point out is that the arrows dropped in the floor, I went back to storage to go back and "make the arrows" and there I noticed the arrows were in the floor. Is there a way to prevent this? I remember that Ishi dropped stuff in the floor when the user was overweight and then got corrected, maybe the same mechanism could work with the Terra arrows npc.

0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Re: Making terranite arrows being overweight

Post by 0x0BAL »

i suggest that terranites should be spawned in Candor too :P
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Thanks. This has been fixed and will be in effect in the next release. :)
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

Is this the same as being able to drop empty bottles in town?
It's done this way:
1. have 100 items in inventory
2. more than one water in inventory
3. no empty bottles in inventory
4. use water
This IS a sig
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

one of these days I'll remove the pesky limit of 100 items, and also make equippable items stack ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

o11c wrote:one of these days I'll remove the pesky limit of 100 items, and also make equippable items stack ...
That would be more awsome than you know... seriously the 100 item limit sucks. It would be nice if the armour was stackable in the storage as well. Its bad when 300 is your limit and its filled with armour materials. D:

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Ironically, the reason I can't just make everything stackable right now is because of the 100 item limit. Well, unless someone did a review of all scripts that grant items to check that their deletion logic doesn't assume that it vacates a slot ...

It might be easier to just have a policy not to give any items if you have 90 items in inventory. Since I don't think there is any script that gives more than 10 items in one shot.
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

How feasible would it be to have an internal function such as testAwardItem(player, item), along with an interface exposed to the scripts, that simply bails out with a "false" if the transfer would fail for any reason: 100 items and no existing slot to stack with, no room under the weight cap, or (possibly) the player already owns 32,767 copies of the item? That would allow all calls that check for quest rewards to use the same unified syntax, and be assured of catching everything.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

The idea behind the current logic of dropping it on the ground if it can't go in the inventory is that the item will never disappear due to buggy scripts.

There *is* a pre-function checkweight, but in general this is not useful since a transaction involves both deleting and adding items.
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

Piateluca wrote:I accidentally made some while being overweight and I'm not really sure if the dialog prevented me telling me that i was overweight since I didn't read ( :oops: ) but what I want to point out is that the arrows dropped in the floor, I went back to storage to go back and "make the arrows" and there I noticed the arrows were in the floor. Is there a way to prevent this? I remember that Ishi dropped stuff in the floor when the user was overweight and then got corrected, maybe the same mechanism could work with the Terra arrows npc.

Eat your vegatables, drink your milk, and exercise. Those should all make you stronger. Seriously though, who walks around at near 100% weight capacity?
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

@LordDune When I was using an archer for luvia I had almost 18 kg almost all the time. I kinda liked that "style" of playing, carrying arround 5k arrows, 100 potions of each, good times :mrgreen:

More seriously thought, please close topics that had been solved, since it prevent hijacking threads, and helps a lot in organization....