Idea for a new spell.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Maarkus
Newly Registered User

Idea for a new spell.

Post by Maarkus »

I'm thinking about a new spell. Let's call it "#teleport".
You cast it like: "#teleport 'playername'".
It consumes 150 MP, and teleports player 'playername', to the exact location of caster, if he accepts teleportation request with, for example, '/accept' command.
And of course it should be impossible to teleport someone to Candor or Cindy Cave, and other things like that.
What do you think?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Idea for a new spell.

Post by o11c »

Terribly complicated to implement.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Sanity
Peon
Peon

Post by Sanity »

Seems useful. The material component should be rare-ish though.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

It may be really useful yes...

But what i mainly see is a matter of intense harrassement, and so even if the material used is rare.

On test server you've the command @warp doing something really similar. Though, the command is really useful when you have to meet other testers, and the test server hasn't the same purpose at all than the official one.
Sanity
Peon
Peon

Post by Sanity »

Kazenawa wrote:But what i mainly see is a matter of intense harrassement, and so even if the material used is rare.
Well obviously it would require a consent from the person summoned. "Player xxx is trying to summon you to location yyy, do you agree?"
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Sanity wrote:
Kazenawa wrote:But what i mainly see is a matter of intense harrassement, and so even if the material used is rare.
Well obviously it would require a consent from the person summoned. "Player xxx is trying to summon you to location yyy, do you agree?"
That's the complicated part.

There's already a spell on the Wedding Ring, but ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

How about just a teleport spell, that works on people you're grouped with. It could consume a gem powder.
end of line.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Sanity wrote:
Do you like it when some people constantly wants to trade with you until you agree ? At least most of the time you aren't that much occupied.

Now imagine some people constantly wanting to teleport you to him when you fight in graveyard or Candor ? Even if you agree with it or not, it might be disrespectful.

Though, if that's possible to implement, there is a way to solve this potential problem. We have the "press r" to enable or disable trading ; maybe something similar could be implemented for such teleportation spell ?
straelyn wrote:How about just a teleport spell, that works on people you're grouped with. It could consume a gem powder.
With this option, i don't see any problem, since i think you're supposed to at least be able to support someone to be in group with him/her. If you still feel harrassed, you can still leave the group.
By the way, teleporting between group would be very useful.
Octopus
Novice
Novice

Post by Octopus »

I like this idea, but it should consume something rare as the others said. An example may be a gem, or even something like a Terra Ore. This would stop the caster from flooding the player with a teleport spell :lol:
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Kazenawa wrote:On test server you've the command @warp doing something really similar. Though, the command is really useful when you have to meet other testers, and the test server hasn't the same purpose at all than the official one.
It is on the main server too, but it is GM-only.
Octopus
Novice
Novice

Post by Octopus »

This is true, players cannot use the @warp command unless they are on the test server as it is a GM command.
TRGN wrote:
Kazenawa wrote:On test server you've the command @warp doing something really similar. Though, the command is really useful when you have to meet other testers, and the test server hasn't the same purpose at all than the official one.
It is on the main server too, but it is GM-only.
noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

Observing the direction of the development team I dont think there's enough time and resources to implement any new spells.