Ideas

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Ideas

Post by Siegfried »

Hi,

i'm new to manaworld as well as to this forum. Played a little (at german server), found it great, read something about it, and thought it over. Since it seems to be possible to post ideas here...

Well, the first think that struck me was: It is impossible to get the character to sleep. In Evol Online the character starts sleeping in bed, so it seems doable. In TMW there is at least 1 place where you can pay a little to get a rest. If you do so, there should be the option to put your character to bed.

To give a reward for doing so it might be an option to increase the characters current health beyond maximum for the beginning. Percentage could vary depending on bed quality (and price). This would not change much, but some locations would be more reasonable.

Next, a second idea. I read that there are some cracks at highest possible level, getting bored. Well, if this is fact, then i have an idea. What about once a year create a) a single unique artifact and b) a unique quest to gain it. The first solving it will get the artifact. Next artifact next year. Starting point might be easter (think of easter egg). The artifact should be really valuable, but available only once in the game.

Further interesting would be to create the quest in such a way that it is impossible to do it alone. This would force nice artifact swapping: The leader (or any other a priory determined char) would get the artifact, but has to pay the others with some valuable artifacts from his own repository.

And lastly this type of quest would be extremely interesting for artifact collectors.

What do you think?

More ideas in reserve :)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Ideas

Post by o11c »

Siegfried wrote: Next, a second idea. I read that there are some cracks at highest possible level, getting bored. Well, if this is fact, then i have an idea. What about once a year create a) a single unique artifact and b) a unique quest to gain it. The first solving it will get the artifact. Next artifact next year. Starting point might be easter (think of easter egg). The artifact should be really valuable, but available only once in the game.
We already do this. Typically, we have 3 events per year, but it depends on how many ideas / how much code / how much art appears.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Siegfried wrote:Well, the first think that struck me was: It is impossible to get the character to sleep. In Evol Online the character starts sleeping in bed, so it seems doable. In TMW there is at least 1 place where you can pay a little to get a rest. If you do so, there should be the option to put your character to bed.

To give a reward for doing so it might be an option to increase the characters current health beyond maximum for the beginning. Percentage could vary depending on bed quality (and price). This would not change much, but some locations would be more reasonable.
I'm looking at raising HP beyond max instead of changing the max after using an inn.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Willkommen Siegfried! :D
(welcome)

Here are some links regarding your second idea:
Quests
Annual_Quests

Since you are new, you might also be interested in joining a guild too:
Player_Groups
Joining will enable an additional tab in the chat window, in which you can write with the people in your guild, whereever you (or they) are.
Advantages: Helping people on questions or support at quests and of course: Fun.
Since you are German: The guild "Manas Sauerkrauts Clan" (god I hate that name...) is a german speaking clan, we also have two players you will probably know from the German server.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy