General feedback

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

karchnu
Newly Registered User

General feedback

Post by karchnu »

Hello everyone,

I've played the game for some days and I'm enjoying it.

However I've been thinking about some things that could improve the game :
- quests diary (to see pending quests)
- character should move when we use the "target and attack" key (we need to move to the enemy, even if the enemy is moving)
- object indications, if we own a quest object it has to be shown, even when a monster drops this kind of item that will be useful for a quest, when we move the cursor on, it could be shown too
- NPCs that give quests should be identified and differently if there is a quest pending or if the quest is over and we just need to take the reward, for instance with an exclamation or interrogation mark on their head
- our HP and the enemies HP should be displayed (by displaying the remaining HP and maybe a life bar)
- the level of the characters (monsters and other NPCs) should be displayed, differently according to the difference with our own level (the color may change, it seems to be the most logic anyway)
- when we look at an equipment piece, we should see the difference between the statistics of this equipment and the one we are wearing (on the stats window, add these pieces of information with the adequate color)
- more readable map to differentiate the player, NPC who give quests, your friends and your team (and be able to select only one of these categories)
- do an in-game tutorial (I didn't know where to go before a player told me that I could take the ship to travel to another city).
- add the possibility to choose a profession and/or race and create a real difference between the characters (a warrior that blows some epic monsters with an epic sword, not a homeless teenager who is killed by a f*cking snail)

To this point, if all I said is improved, the game will be more fun and playable.

The graphics are good, and even if the game is quite empty for now, I'm optimistic.
What you've done is a (concrete) base for an epic game and you should take all the efforts from the forks.

Thanks for reading.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: General feedback

Post by Alige »

karchnu wrote:Hello everyone,
Hello Karchnu!
karchnu wrote:- quests diary (to see pending quests)
This would require a LOT of work because of the great number of quests already implemented into the game. This is not impossible, but too huge to be done, I think.
karchnu wrote:- character should move when we use the "target and attack" key (we need to move to the enemy, even if the enemy is moving)
This is a client feature, if you wish to give feedback about it, feel free to talk to 4144.
karchnu wrote:- object indications, if we own a quest object it has to be shown, even when a monster drops this kind of item that will be useful for a quest, when we move the cursor on, it could be shown too
Again, this is a client feature you would like to be implemented. This can easily be done by adding a small indication in the inventory. Will maybe be done in Evol Online.
karchnu wrote:- NPCs that give quests should be identified and differently if there is a quest pending or if the quest is over and we just need to take the reward, for instance with an exclamation or interrogation mark on their head
This is linked to the quest diary. This feature is already implemented, but the work for that to be is too huge, again.
karchnu wrote:- our HP and the enemies HP should be displayed (by displaying the remaining HP and maybe a life bar)
You should check out the Setup window of ManaPlus, it has many things you didn't see, such as this HP bar option, just enable it!
karchnu wrote:- the level of the characters (monsters and other NPCs) should be displayed, differently according to the difference with our own level (the color may change, it seems to be the most logic anyway)
Some people already thought of that, about the monsters. Their name could change color depending on their level compared to your character's level. However, there is no need to add a level for NPCs, this is not necessary and wouldn't add much.
karchnu wrote:- when we look at an equipment piece, we should see the difference between the statistics of this equipment and the one we are wearing (on the stats window, add these pieces of information with the adequate color)
I perfectly understand what you mean. If the stats are better, show them in green, if worse in red. This can surely be done. Again, you must talk to 4144 to add this feature.
karchnu wrote:- more readable map to differentiate the player, NPC who give quests, your friends and your team (and be able to select only one of these categories)
This, once more, is also a client feature. Although, map readability is linked to the client data. The game must work with 4144 to be able to improve minimaps. Note that zooming in a minimap is a bit too complicated to be introduced for now.
karchnu wrote:- do an in-game tutorial (I didn't know where to go before a player told me that I could take the ship to travel to another city).
This is just an issue in the storyline of the game, can be easily fixed. Looking forward to it! Also, note that the tutorial is not that old, and can still be improved, thus this lack of advices.
karchnu wrote:- add the possibility to choose a profession and/or race and create a real difference between the characters (a warrior that blows some epic monsters with an epic sword, not a homeless teenager who is killed by a f*cking snail)
Different races are available on other servers, such as Evol Online, and later, different skins per race will also be available, same for monsters. As for the profession, this is determined by your stats in TMW. This will be implemented differently in other servers.
karchnu wrote:Thanks for reading.
My pleasure, thanks a lot for the feedback!
Regards,
--Alige