Magic and its paths

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

bekka
Peon
Peon

Magic and its paths

Post by bekka »

Hi there,

well the whole thing about light and dark magic is actually cool, especially the new Quest for the established dark path of Magic.

But why has Astral Magic not be enabeld for the dark mages with the new quest in order to get them equal to light mages.

I know the necessity of sperating these paths xD - ever since I chose to "The White" - but sometimes it would be coul to use dark magic.

So here is my suggestion.

As a kill count is already in order to being adjudged good by Sagatha, why not - if possible - establishing for the paths.

If you kill bad creatures like scorpions, snakes your on the light side, if you kill good creatures like mouboos, fluffies etc. your on the bad side.

A limit of e.g. 100 counts can be set - like we have it now at 15 (unhappiness of sagatha) - then it would take a few time and switching is not that easy
- unlimited could also be possible :D -

Furthermore there is the question if a player could/should see this count.

Regards, bekka
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Magic and its paths

Post by Chicka-Maria »

there is already a dark path you can choose, but its expensive.

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... h_Of_Magic

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Dark_Magic_Skill

Personally I don't think it should be more than 15 for sagatha because people tend to learn magic at low levels. Low level players would find this quite difficult and too time consuming if it was any higher.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
bekka
Peon
Peon

Post by bekka »

I know :)

But what I am mainly suggesting is, just make it possible that light mages also can use the dark magic spells.
Count level can stay at 15, for low players, I agree (maybe for high players there can be then a higher count, just suggesting)

Regards, bekka
Quinny
Peon
Peon

Post by Quinny »

This had been talked about before. The conclusion was that you can not change back and forth. They talked about maybe a one time quest to switch if you had chose light before since dark had not yet been fully devopled but they chose against it.