Trello <-> IRC

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

v0id
Novice
Novice

Trello <-> IRC

Post by v0id »

I noticed since a while that the activity on our Trello boards gained some activity. This is where ideas are developped, art is created, before they reach our git repositories.
With the idea in mind to show what's done in TMW, and hence, encourage activity through observed activity, I figured an IRC bot which relays what happens on Trello could be useful for the project.
This is not directly useful for people already on Trello: they see what happens with Trello's notifications. This is more useful for people living in -dev and -art channels, who follow the project's development.

Now, this would be done using the notifications Trello sends to its users. Trello tends to send a lot of them (can be a hundred in a day), which would require to filter the notifications that are considered meaningful (notifications have .type).

Opinions? Should that happen?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Trello <-> IRC

Post by o11c »

I say no, at least on -dev.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

I've installed the Android Trello app, and let me tell you that all those constant notifications are just awful to wade through.
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Thanks for your thoughts. This is not desirable then.