GM Silent Dawn: attitude to players and rules

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Axalix
Novice
Novice

GM Silent Dawn: attitude to players and rules

Post by Axalix »

Two players were auto-following and mimic in the city. One of them with name "research". See what happened in a moment:
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: GM Silent Dawn: attitude to players and rules

Post by Silent Dawn »

You forgot the rest.. how convenient.
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_194.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_194.png (744.22 KiB) Viewed 5920 times
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

Silent Dawn wrote:You forgot the rest.. how convenient.
Rest? You mean my comment that I am having fun? Yes, I am having fun while playing TMW, otherwise I would never login.
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

Axalix wrote:
Silent Dawn wrote:You forgot the rest.. how convenient.
Rest? You mean my comment that I am having fun? Yes, I am having fun while playing TMW, otherwise I would never login.
No, the comment about the fact that if they were taking any advantage in game by following each other, i would be the first one to tell them to stop.

And the comment was not for you... it was for them, they were having fun by fooling around, not harming anyone. Rules are rules, yes, but let's not jump on players for such situations.. you dont need to remind me of the rules, i'm well aware of them.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I am guilty of this also, judgement calls are judgment calls.

Since this is not abuse I will be moving to player talk.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

prsm wrote:I am guilty of this also
Then may be it is time to change this rule and add an exception like: "Following and mimic are allowed if player controls the game and can respond to GMs by request during 30 seconds" or so? What's the point to have rules if they don't work 100%? For example, I used to like to follow people when they are showing me a path to the place, but after those changes in understanding "botting" I never use this option of the Mana+ client, because it is against rules.
Last edited by Axalix on 25 Jan 2014, 19:20, edited 2 times in total.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Axalix, one of the reasons we broke up with Platyna was because we trusted our GMs to be able to think.

Trying to enforce the literal interpretation of the rules all the time was the reason we had such a huge botting problem a couple years ago.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

o11c wrote:Trying to enforce the literal interpretation of the rules all the time was the reason we had such a huge botting problem a couple years ago.
All right, so can you confirm that "auto-following" is OK?
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Auto follow can be used under certain circumstances.

It can't be used to gain xp or abuse others. That was always my interpretation of the rule. Mind you, at the start we made a strict no auto follow rule to limit its use.

But the final determination whether its used properly will be left up to the GM!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

It's either you don't understand my question or I can't clarify what I am asking. ok, lets try this way. I am not about auto-attacking, I am about following ("to walk") or mimic ("repeat turns and smiles"). In what case (I want examples) any of those "can be used to gain xp or abuse others"? Just once again, I am about standard functionality of the TMW client.

Second, I don't like how the abusive / impolite GM's answer "ban them then if you can" is ignored in this conversation.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Because nothing productive can come of this discussion, only drama.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

ok, it's over then - anyway, I am run out of posts on this forum for today after 6 years...
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

:lol: kindergarten :lol:
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

GMs are not mindless drones, they can judge a situation and decide if they should take action or not. Doing this actually enhances the game rules by ensuring that the fun-killing is kept to a minimum when maintaining order. I use big words when I'm tired.

TMW Team member

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

There are actions. And there are results. The goal is obviously to reduce harmful actions and minimize resulting negative effects (e.g. botting and resulting unfair advantages). But I still think rules should be amended to make it more clear, since it appears to be actual state of things anyway (and I'm ok with this, I don't want to see mindless drones instead of GMs).