Client Interface

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Client Interface

Post by Cosmostrator »

A couple of suggestions to make the client interface work better:
1. It would be nice to be able to hide the chat window with a button like all the other windows have.
2. When items are equipped there should be an option of hiding them in your inventory view.
3. When I click on a target to attack it and it is too far away I just wildly jab at the air, instead I should walk over to it and attack (this may be a server thing, I'm not sure)
4. I should show up on the mini map as a different color than red, maybe green or blue. NPCs should get their own color too.
5. It would be nice to see what skills I actually have in the skills window.

I don't want to sound like a complainer, I've actually been having a lot of fun playing TMW. I think improving some of these things could make playing even more fun, and people want to help out more when the game is fun.
-DAVe
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Re: Client Interface

Post by Pauan »

Cosmostrator wrote:1. It would be nice to be able to hide the chat window with a button like all the other windows have.
If I recall... you can already do that. It's called F7.
Cosmostrator wrote:2. When items are equipped there should be an option of hiding them in your inventory view.
Not sure if that will still apply with the new server or not...
Cosmostrator wrote:3. When I click on a target to attack it and it is too far away I just wildly jab at the air, instead I should walk over to it and attack (this may be a server thing, I'm not sure)
That is already in the works.
Cosmostrator wrote:4. I should show up on the mini map as a different color than red, maybe green or blue. NPCs should get their own color too.
I thought of this too. Hopefully it'll be fixed with the new server.
Cosmostrator wrote:5. It would be nice to see what skills I actually have in the skills window.
Skills currently are not implimented, if I remember right. That will all have to come with the new server.

Basically, we're using the RO server at the moment, but will be switching to our own server (hopefully) soon. At the same time, I appreciate the criticism, keep it coming!
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Option to hide equipped items is a good idea I think. Walking to target hasn't been implemented yet (would of course be nice). Minimap colors can be adjusted, but doesn't have a high priority (maybe somebody writes a patch?).
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

If I recall... you can already do that. It's called F7.
What i was thinking of is a graphic button. I think I am one of the few players who uses a mouse to play, because usually I don't/can't use the keyboard.
Skills currently are not implimented, if I remember right. That will all have to come with the new server.
Trade, Emote and Sit are currently skills that you get at LVL 1, 2, and 3 respectively. This is in the readme file that comes with the game. I thought it would be nice to see this somehow in the skills window.

As far as walking to target goes-
I know walking to item has been implemented, I don't know if the code could be slightly modified and reused, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
-DAVe
LadyMarie27
Peon
Peon

Post by LadyMarie27 »

The Basic Skill are just basics who are needed, you only can get a jobchange if its maxed out. I dont see a point why there should be a skill inplented to trade someone if you can simple rightclick them. But they switch to a new server anyway, so we probably should wait first or give ideas before comparing something, because we do not know how the new server will turn out.
http:\\forum.elitepvpers.de
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

As already said since we're switching to a new server which won't make use of skills, we didn't spend any time on improving the skill window.