Developer Privileges

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Message for platyna...

Post by Hello=) »

Last one thing to add to this worthless thread, it's message to Platyna.

Platyna, your domain, themanaworld.net is wrecked. It runs in unmaintained mode. Server gone down, main page returns error. Forum has been spammed to oblivion and now serves as spammers paradise and SEO doorway. Interestingly, your signature link leads to this all this bullshit, making it worst systems administrator signature ever. If you're unable to maintain host, be responsible and shut it down. It's better than providing free resources to spammers.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Developer Privileges

Post by Platyna »

The spammer is MadCamel and I am collecting logs. And I do clean up the froms from time to the time. The site is down because server is down.

And my forum and my server is this one you are playing on, which is located under themanaworld.org domain.

Regards.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Len wrote:
Platyna wrote:
What a blatant bullshit. I was always against elite items in game and encouraged developers to implement them in in game for users to use.

Regards.

:alt-6: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17430&start=15
Yes for every elite item, say for those you owned. When it came to your elite items, they were rewards for your efforts and time put in (but you forgot that any seasoned developer or GM could use the same argument to try and justify spawning unreleased items and lord them over others).
And where I do support elite items there? It was developers idea to remove unobtainable items from players and it was their idea to make them unwearable.

AFAIR I was giving unobtainable items to players but developers asked me to not do it as it will be harmful for the game balance (it is bullshit because most of them had weak stats).

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Platyna wrote:
And where I do support elite items there? It was developers idea to remove unobtainable items from players and it was their idea to make them unwearable.

AFAIR I was giving unobtainable items to players but developers asked me to not do it as it will be harmful for the game balance (it is bullshit because most of them had weak stats).

Regards.
Unobtainable items were bad for the game economy, but we shouldn't forget that they were also the only fun thing in TMW for a long time. Before 2012 development was very slow, at some point almost non-existent to players, that was the time when trading rare hats in town was the best thing to do and most of it was fueled by Platyna playing Santa.
The fact that at the time there weren't any serious complaints proves that it wasn't so bad. Many people knew that stopping Platyna from introducing rare items meant stopping new items from coming into the game at all. After that time maybe Platyna kept going with her spawning rares habit for a bit too long, after serious development resumed, but let's not forget why she started doing that in the first place.

One example that I remember clearly was Valentine's Day 2009 or 2010, there was a quest planned but it was never completed in time and Platyna saved the day by coming online for a couple of hours and hosting a trivia that completely filled the streets of Hurnscald and entertained everyone. She gave away quite a few rare items and in the end the chat was flooded with "thanks Platyna". There was also a really cool spawn party AFAIR.

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

.:WildX:. wrote:Unobtainable items were bad for the game economy, but we shouldn't forget that they were also the only fun thing in TMW for a long time. Before 2012 development was very slow, at some point almost non-existent to players, that was the time when trading rare hats in town was the best thing to do and most of it was fueled by Platyna playing Santa.
The fact that at the time there weren't any serious complaints proves that it wasn't so bad. Many people knew that stopping Platyna from introducing rare items meant stopping new items from coming into the game at all. After that time maybe Platyna kept going with her spawning rares habit for a bit too long, after serious development resumed, but let's not forget why she started doing that in the first place.

One example that I remember clearly was Valentine's Day 2009 or 2010, there was a quest planned but it was never completed in time and Platyna saved the day by coming online for a couple of hours and hosting a trivia that completely filled the streets of Hurnscald and entertained everyone. She gave away quite a few rare items and in the end the chat was flooded with "thanks Platyna". There was also a really cool spawn party AFAIR.
I remember that as well, sadly, the actual community and most new developers doesn't know the history of TMW and are talking without knowing anything. :(
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

What really worried the development team back in the day was the proliferation of assassin pants, which provided a really quite obscene +8 agi bonus. Yes, this was very unbalanced for TMW's mechanics, let alone the theoretical +28 of the full set.

To my knowledge, only three have existed over the course of TMW history. The first was created from an exploit, and destroyed by Delasia after investigation:
[2009-08-22 01:51:46] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @l during random item check because of suspected hack, found assassinpants in Balthazaar inventory. removed them.
[2009-08-22 01:51:11] 011-5.gat(37,56) Delasia : @chardelitem 731 1 Balthazaar
The second was created during a trivia event. Their use was observed four days later, which led to me very hastily [implementing measures] to prevent unreleased items from being equipped by nonstaff, and to discourage people asking for items that shouldn't be in the game yet. Jaxad tracked the assassin pants down and deleted them, replacing them with another rare of the winner's choice:
[2009-12-24 18:56:15] 009-1.gat(49,45) Platyna : @item 731
[2010-01-05 05:59:19] 008-1.gat(107,34) Jax* : @goto laticia
[2010-01-05 05:59:45] 008-1.gat(106,34) Jax* : @item eyepatch
[2010-01-05 06:00:01] 008-1.gat(106,34) Jax* : @l Replacement item for unequipable for Laticia
[2010-01-05 06:00:27] 008-1.gat(106,34) Jax* : @chardelitem assassinpants 1 jax*
And finally, a third pair of assassin pants was created, along with the entire set. They still exist to this day, but Platyna has them.
[2010-01-31 13:17:25] 009-1.gat(57,38) Platyna : @item assassinpants
[2010-01-31 13:17:36] 009-1.gat(57,38) Platyna : @item assassinshirt
[2010-01-31 13:17:48] 009-1.gat(57,38) Platyna : @item assassingloves
[2010-01-31 13:17:57] 009-1.gat(57,38) Platyna : @item assassinboots
History aside, having attended a few of the old trivia events myself, I can confirm that they were very fun, and it is a loss to see that fun made to disappear. I'm not clear on this last point, but weren't people later making items for the express purpose of trivia event rewards? You could even make a staff usable special purpose quasispell that prompts winners with a menu to choose from a selection of rewards.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Thank you for the post Freeyorp.

To me it's all about consistency. If one says no unreleased items should be in the game, I understand that. The rule doesn't say, no unreleased items allowed in the game with this one exception.

We all work hard here to make the game better. If one is entitled to "perks", than all are and I don't want those perks. But it should be standard.

Just like when someone posts a rule that states you can't talk about sickness in the game, yet than posts I had such and such troubles. Consistency!

I was never a hater of Platyna, in her time she brought much to the game. But things change, people change, and the environment changes. It was time for a move, just like one day it will be time for Prsm to go.

There is an old tale about King Solomon. When confronted by two woman that claimed one child for their own. King Solomon decided to cut the child in half and give one half to each woman. One woman said no, don't cut the child in half, give it to the other woman! King Solomon gave the child to her, saying only the mother would not want the child killed. I have to wonder with the venom and bile that Platyna spews at the forums if she does truly care for the game, and its chance to succeed.

I had suggested at the time of the move, that Platyna should be, after time, be invited back into tmwc. Sadly, I don't feel that way anymore.

My 2 cents, weigh it for what it's worth.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Prsm, cut the bullshit, the ones spewing bile on this community is current impeachment committee, I will never stay silent seeing how they are destroying my, quite successful work and try to rewrite the history, they don't know (indeed you are right Reid) to put all their failes on my shoulders.

I am the original admin of this project, I have set simple rules, I divided the power well, taken care for it almost nine years, the files were stolen from me, this is the fact, period. My only mistake is trusting developers too much and giving them too much priviledges which enabled them to take over my work and now destroy them.

Regards.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Consistency once again, never answered to a single thing.
Do you have unreleased items which you ruled should not be in the game?
Did you talk about your health when you made a rule against such a thing on the forums?

and since you have me talking, you say all you have done for the game. What map did you create?
What quest did you write? what item did you pixelate (sp)?

An army of developers made the game, another army of Gm's enforced the rules and another army
did the admin work. Why do you never ever credit them? Your like one of those seagulls in "Finding Nemo",
MINE MINE MINE!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved from Player Talk to Feedback.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

All these cheeky little debuggers... :lol:

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

well as i understood OP it was about the fact that anybody with a gm level above zero is spared from the tmwa inbuilt spam protection (hence the "buggy server protection "in manaplus). And i also don't see why this difference should be made.
However priority of changing this is not really major imo. I think being aware of carefully handling it should be fair enough until someone finds time and need to change this... (self moderation once again...). So Villain, thanks for raising some awareness on that matter.