Developer Privileges

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Developer Privileges

Post by prsm »

Now that's blatant bullshit. You were level what 17? You had an unreleased crown, unreleased dress, banshee bow and heart from illia quest!

Now if that is not blatant miss use of power, I am a duck!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Platyna wrote:
The only really blatant usage of powers I detected so far is Platyna who creating expensive quest items for self. Well, that's in her style for sure. I doubt Platyna can win illia without cheating 8). Other devs and GMs are usually fairly reasonable on commands usage most of time. Should it be not a case, can you point specific GM log record?
What a blatant bullshit. I was always against elite items in game and encouraged developers to implement them in in game for users to use.

Regards.
Says the only person with an unobtainable created specifically for them.
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... .xml#L2693
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... hest_Armor

*BOOM* HEADSHOT!

ALSO. There is enough dirty laundry on this project to throw pretty much all of us under the bus all day.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Platyna wrote:What a blatant bullshit. I was always against elite items in game
IIRC you have been using some exclusive items (crown and dress) made for you and unobtainable by others. Not sure if it counts as cheating in sense if some dev can elect to do some gift to other entity in such ways, but I'm pretty sure there was a lot of players who were not happy about such state of things. Also this fact directly contradicts to your words. These two were elite items for sure in their worst form.
and encouraged developers to implement them in in game for users to use.
I have been grepping logs and found you've created banshee for yourself. Nobody has been abusing @item command worse on main TMW server. All other high-end item introductions were purely technical actions to replace items lost due to bugs, etc. You can try to fool some people, this could work. You can try to fool me, but it will be hard. But you can't fool grep. And even if you forget something, logs would remember it "forever". I guess other devs/GMs are/were smart enough to get idea about this, as well as being able to evaluate what would happen with reputation if such actions would get noticed...
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

t3st3r wrote:But you can't fool grep.
Quoted for awesomeness.

That said, I can think of some nasty corner cases involving binary files, and there was that one nasty bug in grep 2.13 that treated *all* files as binary if you were using a compressed filesystem ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

prsm wrote:Now that's blatant bullshit. You were level what 17? You had an unreleased crown, unreleased dress, banshee bow and heart from illia quest!

Now if that is not blatant miss use of power, I am a duck!
imo, it just points out that Platyna was and is not a TMW player. You perfectly know that a level 17 player is unable to use bow and heart We all know that Platyna used @item mostly for a few events where she gave items to players. I didn't enjoy them a lot but other players did, they had a rather large audience. Please keep good faith. Freeyorp also used @item in some cases and gave unreleased items. I didn't witness them, but I remember that Frost or B.C. gave a positive opinion about them about a year ago.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

[2009-10-26 01:16:22] 009-1.gat(50,40) Platyna : @blvl 255

We all know that platyna was the only 255 level player except manamarket, although her actual exp was enough only for level 17. and last Trivia she held was in 2012 while she @item illia items and warlord boots in 2013, just to keep up with all the new released items...

[2013-01-19 00:06:45] 009-1.gat(45,47) Platyna(2004123) : @item arrow 1000
[2013-01-19 00:25:52] 009-1.gat(52,40) Platyna(2004123) : @item 877
[2013-01-19 00:26:27] 009-1.gat(52,40) Platyna(2004123) : @item bansheebow
[2013-01-19 00:27:01] 009-1.gat(52,40) Platyna(2004123) : @item warlordboots
[2013-01-19 00:27:20] 009-1.gat(52,40) Platyna(2004123) : @item 879

Its funny that you are so blind to the power crave of Platyna, while you seem to think only one side is power hungry.
I dont deny that some reason behind the takeover might be the will of some to hold more power, but certainly Platyna held this server for one purpose and it was her own entertaiment. just look in her broadcasts over the years, 100% of the time she was online she was drunk (she even admitted it: [2011-05-15 22:22:04] 008-1.gat(79,92) Platyna(2004123) : @broadcast I speak queen english when I am not drunk (you not gonna ever read it lol)). Players were no more than toys for her.

Short list of my favorite broadcasts:
[2009-12-23 23:10:22] 009-1.gat(58,41) Platyna : @broadcast BTW, ancient Romans had a better approach for Christmas, they called it Saturnalia, drunkt to death and Duck everything that moves, including young boys and goats.
[2009-12-23 23:12:58] 009-1.gat(58,41) Platyna : @broadcast Some people suggest me here, to drink some iron potions and Duck some moubos, they are like made for such kind of usage - you can hold them by those ears...
[2009-12-23 23:15:37] 008-1.gat(80,88) Platyna : @broadcast come on fatties, with me.
[2009-12-23 23:19:02] 008-1.gat(78,98) Platyna : @broadcast Remember, grab them by the ears...
[2011-11-04 22:51:41] 009-1.gat(57,41) Platyna(2004123) : @broadcast Telling that the hat I designed looks like poo is a high treason and will be treated as such! (about the terranite helmet)
[2011-12-31 20:56:36] 009-1.gat(58,41) Platyna(2004123) : @broadcast All people not getting drunk today will be banned, it especially applies to underages.
[2011-12-31 20:57:34] 009-1.gat(58,41) Platyna(2004123) : @broadcast ...and muslims...come and bomb me bitches.
[2011-12-31 21:11:22] 009-1.gat(58,41) Platyna(2004123) : @broadcast Please, drink and drive,,,we have 7bln people on this Earth! We gotta something to do with it!

I have to say i find some of them funny, but certainly some people will consider these anouncements offensive and they are certainly not children friendly.
Last edited by SriNitayanda on 12 Feb 2014, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

As an aside, I'll confirm that I indeed created unreleased items (aside from GM robes, GM caps, and Dev caps) in two cases.
The first, a rock knife, immediately prior to a scheduled rollback amidst planned chaos (Nov 2010?). As everything was rolled back, this hasn't had any lasting effect on the game.
The second, five pears, in June 2010. This was a preview of an upcoming content release, and they were all scattered randomly around the world for people to find. These presumably still exist, somewhere.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

and what? We all know that she never played TMW. She never used the items she created. Platyna was even not aware that manaplus existed and complained about chat spamming for shop requests :lol:

And yes, your other quotes are typically what can be called a developer/admin abuse. Even if this is THE outstanding example because it has been logged, there are other examples: A developer threatened a player in terra cave with his dev cap, another one harrassed a player with his friend until he left. I can't remind that you were already playing when her other events occured. You should ask to other players than me what was their audience.
About insults: If you dig a bit more you will see that I was among the only ones to complain while other behaved like carpets.

Edit
Freeyorp101 wrote:As an aside, I'll confirm that I indeed created unreleased items (aside from GM robes, GM caps, and Dev caps) in two cases.
The first, a rock knife, immediately prior to a scheduled rollback amidst planned chaos (Nov 2010?). As everything was rolled back, this hasn't had any lasting effect on the game.
The second, five pears, in June 2010. This was a preview of an upcoming content release, and they were all scattered randomly around the world for people to find. These presumably still exist, somewhere.

---Freeyorp
As far as I know there was only good feedback about those events and don't see them as an abuse, on the opposite, and just like Platyna's events, I do think some other should happen.
I have not the same opinion about Dev/GM40 status which is useless since there is a testing server. when needed, a single or two shared dev accounts could be used.

edit:
The great chaos (Nov 2010?)→ october to November 8/2010 ((the great eathquake?)
Last edited by Nard on 12 Feb 2014, 10:44, edited 3 times in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

You know Nard i really like arguing with you. you certainly got more exp in debates than me, about 30 years of exp and you certainly are more educated, so it really is a nice exp for me. :alt-7:

Anyway to the points, the fact that Platyna didn't actually played isn't a good reason for her to hold items other players worked some and spent some time to get. If she didn't actually played this items should mean nothing to her. but she did @item them, why? seems like the only reason is to keep her status.
Nard wrote: I can't remind that you were already playing when her other events occured. You should ask to other players than me what was their audience.
You are right i was not present, but i remember GiGi and Tasisia posts about these anouncements in the original flamewar topic. they said they were quite shocked when they saw it:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17129&hilit=gigi&start=45

Rest of the reply is out of topic so do with it whatever you want.
Nard wrote: Platyna did a lot of good, Platyna did a lot of bad too.
I agree with you that some of Platyna's actions, actually made tmw what it is, a game with a player base rather than the other example Evol, which is totally focused on development without any player base. But these actions didn't give her a free ticket to rule this project for life. I know Platyna likes to say that one of her major mistakes was giving people some powers, i think that her biggest mistake was opposite not letting loose of powers after she became more distant from the project and others became the major force that moves this project forward. I think if she let people run the project more freely before the move, maybe she could still be the host of this project and maybe could become a major part of it again when she got more time and interest for it.
Nard wrote: Phoenix Council began as Aurora Society, a secret society. Among it's goal was obviously to make a powerful lobbying group. Some of the reasons may have been good ones (I agreed with some of them in fact, when I was told about them). If we can't call this a will of power I don't know what power is. If I don't like this kind of behaviour from Platyna, you will not make me like it from anyone.
Now for the hot topic of today conspiracy theories. I have to say i have no idea what you are talking about, maybe aurora society did have some goals of acquiring power and take over etc... however although i like to laugh about it in guild chat and sometimes in public chat, today in phoenix council we got none of these goals. anyway if you are reffering to anything specific i would be happy to answer.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Phoenix Council began as Aurora Society, a secret society. Among it's goal was obviously to make a powerful lobbying group. Some of the reasons may have been good ones (I agreed with some of them in fact, when I was told about them). If we can't call this a will of power I don't know what power is. If I don't like this kind of behaviour from Platyna, you will not make me like it from anyone.
1. I do not know much about Auora Society, but from what I understood several members of AS quit and formed Phoenix Council because of differing opinions.

2. Aurora Society might have been secret/secretive, again this was before my time. Phoenix Council is so secretive that we have a entry on the wiki page and a members-list for everyone to see.

3. Why was it obvious that one of the goals was to be a powerful lobbying group and what where/are they/we lobbying for?

4. Power, will of power? Power over what? I think that our guilds goal is to make the game as enjoyable as possible for both ourselves and the other players. This game is something at least I play for enjoyment. Yes we might have gm's in our guild, however debating about what real power GM's have is quite hard. IMO the power lies with the content developers, they are the ones that are making the world we all enjoy. GM's try to implement the rules to their best ability to make the game as fair as possible.

If PC's main concern was power/influence we have failed hard, we used to have 2 admins now we have none, we used to have more active gm's in the past etc.

If you want to accuse somebody accuse them by name so the can defend themselves, vague accusations just spread more drama around. I can only speak of the guild as of now, and our guild chat is probably not as exciting as some people think, we discuss music, paste funny youtube videos and stuff like that.

And no - we don't have secret handshakes etc.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

SriNitayanda wrote: Anyway to the points, the fact that Platyna didn't actually played isn't a good reason for her to hold items other players worked some and spent some time to get. If she didn't actually played this items should mean nothing to her. but she did @item them, why? seems like the only reason is to keep her status.
[...]
But these actions didn't give her a free ticket to rule this project for life. I know Platyna likes to say that one of her major mistakes was giving people some powers, i think that her biggest mistake was opposite not letting loose of powers after she became more distant from the project and others became the major force that moves this project forward. I think if she let people run the project more freely before the move, maybe she could still be the host of this project and maybe could become a major part of it again when she got more time and interest for it.
[...]
According to what I saw, older players will correct me if I am wrong; Platyna only used @item to reward players in events. I don't have anything to say but good feedback about it even if I didn't like all of them. For example; The Maria Skłodowska-Curie was a great event even if she could not help calling players "bastards"(1) which triggered immediately a reaction from my side. I found the biology a bit too much tough for the average player.

I do agree with the second point: "But these actions didn't give her a free ticket to rule this project for life." My posts on that topic were not on this point: TMW is not only a development project: There is also a public game server, and a public web site. Whatever the opinion you have about Platyna, you have to recognize that she always have been trustable and reliable regarding the personal data on Platinum. Apart from the strong authority she claimed to have on the game (which could indeed have been discussed if someone had the balls to set the problem correctly) her major mistake was to have been (to far) away for studies or personal life reasons; It was of course a problem for the last Platinum admins. But I must stop here this part is out of topic.

(1)https://server.themanaworld.org/gm/gm.log.2011-05

Edit: Veryape the post you refer to was intentionally written in in the past time.
Last edited by Nard on 12 Feb 2014, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Maybe not a secret handshake :P but it seems the guild had a secret bot which was disappointing hearing for the first time and caused riots considering all the GMs who are in a guild are with PC. Along with 2 of the Admins. Which I personally will never agree with. GMs are supposed to influence the game rules and equality from my understanding.

@freeyorp The pear is a common drop from the snail mob now along with various of fruits.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Nard wrote:and what? We all know that she never played TMW. She never used the items she created. Platyna was even not aware that manaplus existed and complained about chat spamming for shop requests :lol:
Platyna never played TMW properly (in sense she never bothered self to learn how to play it :mrgreen:). So she had poor overall knowledge of game and biased views about community. As you can see, it backfired. And it was damn predictable, btw...
there are other examples: A developer threatened a player in terra cave with his dev cap, another one harrassed a player with his friend until he left. I can't remind that you were already playing when her other events occured.
Nobody is perfect. However, Platyna's usage of powers is absolute record of main TMW server I was able to trace via logs.

P.S. as for Phoenix, they proven to be picky on whom they're hiring (something to learn, Cap'n Nard :twisted:). So while I have distaste to PC for some of their past deeds, TIM usage, etc, it's hard to deny PC doing good job at hiring best players to their team. Sure, some of these players are doomed to be GMs. Because players have to vote for GMs and generally would not vote for random nuts or troublemakers, obviously.

P.P.S. btw, overall, IMO there is way too much buzz compared to actual problem scale, not to mention initial post was either trolling attempt or just lack of competence.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote:
What a blatant bullshit. I was always against elite items in game and encouraged developers to implement them in in game for users to use.

Regards.

:alt-6: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17430&start=15
Yes for every elite item, say for those you owned. When it came to your elite items, they were rewards for your efforts and time put in (but you forgot that any seasoned developer or GM could use the same argument to try and justify spawning unreleased items and lord them over others).
Pixel Battalion
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

You can link to an individual post by clicking on the little paper icon in the default forum theme, or the post title in the prosilver theme (that reminds me, it would be nice if we had someone recolor the prosilver theme with tmw colors ...)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17430&start=15&p=13 ... ow#p135315
Former programmer for the TMWA server.