Questionable "Developer": Chay

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Chay
Novice
Novice

Questionable "Developer": Chay

Post by Chay »

I most recently had this (partially anonymized) conversation:
xxxx: but everyone has issues with you
Chay: what are issues with me?
xxxx: people say they dont like you because your are a bad example
xxxx: you get banned too often
xxxx: and troll in town
edit: to clarify that this is not about a person trolling me but rather about this particular perception of his i add 2 more lines to that qoute:
xxxx: when you should give some example as dev
xxxx: i actually dont care about those opinions (...)
What else am I doing wrong? sadly I failed to perceive this "atmosphere about me" the same way as my communication partner apparently did. Please contact me if you want to learn more about me via forum pm.

Also I stand back from Development and or in game appearances until it is clear if tmwc(?) actually deems me fit for that task.

So long, Chay
Last edited by Chay on 15 Feb 2014, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Questionable "Developer": Chay

Post by Hello=) »

Chay wrote: xxxx: people say they dont like you because your are a bad example
xxxx: you get banned too often
Speaking for myself I can admit I had totally different experience: I've really enjoyed cooperating with Chay to help her to test xmas quest. And Chay is one who made it possible. I have strong doubts if xmas quest was possible without impressive work from Chay. So far it has been one of my best experience dealing with TMW devs, actually. So I do not share this view, to say the least. As for me, it looks like someone is just a really ungrateful troll. And it's really epic when some blatant troll complains about being trolled :mrgreen:.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Few of us can make people happy, and none of us can make everyone happy!

Forget about it and move on.

Remember my #1 rule, its just a game!

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I am sry in advance for the less sensitive post, i am just tired of the drama lately.
why cant we finish it with F*** him/her, so he thinks certain things, you know that many other players dont think this way. botting or afk activity or whatever? F*** this also it doesn't say anything about you as person or your contributions to the project compared to others.
Anyway hope to see you soon, i am quite sure tmwc see you fit for deving, i dont rly understand where is the question here...
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

To be perfectly honest i don't agree with xxxx's beliefs.

So you are a dev, that is not a position that is given out because of a clean record or anything like that, you made a mistke and was punished fair enough. You are a dev because you actively develop stuff for the game - that is also fair enough. I think that you really deserve the dev status on the merits on what you have done for the game.

I do not think that you are a "bad example" of a player either, as far as I know from what I have seen you have been helping out new players etc, you are not trolling people from what I have seen.

The statement that you get banned to often? Once again, from what I know you have been banned once and from what I understand the communitys view on that particular ban is quite divided, yes by the letter of the law you broke the rules but then there is other things to take into consideration that might point towards it being a 'minor' offense.

Trolling in town? In what way? Doing fast emotes is trolling? Not wearing pants?

Some people seems to be looking for drama/controverses where there are none to find, hope to see you back in game and in development soon.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

as long as you're not doing harm to others or the game who gives a crap about their opinions.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

and meh. It seems when ever we get someone trained they leave. Don't blame them. TMW dev is an exercise is futility sometimes. I know I would have left over a year ago, but luckily I'm too stupid for my own good.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

My experience is that Chay is nice person, and skilled developer. As everyone here, including your servant, she may have too quick reactions. She may have opinions that differ noticeably from other people; that just make us richer. If Chay is a bad example then I wonder how i should call those whom I think to be bad examples, (they can be nice RL persons too). Finally, I have no intention to f*** xxxx because I prefer to have sex with people I like :wink: .
You are in my Friends list Chay. ♥ *hugs*
Last edited by Nard on 15 Feb 2014, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Right, I liked Chay. She helped me a bunch. I'm beginning to think people are just trolling devs that try to fix content because it will ruin the players ease of play or bank account or etc. or one of the exploits we are trying to close.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Wtf is this? Seriously, I don't know who xxxx is, maybe even an in-game friend to me, but I'm seriously annoyed by people spreading bullsh** like this.

Chay, don't let the wrong persons get that close to you - you were asking what you are/were doing wrong, I can only see this point.
We all like you and not only because you did an awesome job as dev, much more because it's somehow always nice when you are around.
I'm not in TMWC but you've proven more than enough that you fit very, very well for this "job".
There's not even a discussion necessary about this, it's just a fact!
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

There is always going to be people with opinions in life, and trolls on game. It's your choice to be happy and ignore them or to take it to heart and be sad all the time about it. I'm not trying to sound harsh but it's true. Making threads showing you care about someones opinions on you as a player wont push the trolls away/make opinions stop.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
vquangchung
Peon
Peon

Post by vquangchung »

xxxx: but everyone has issues with you
xxxx: people say they dont like you because your are a bad example
I don't think I have any issue with Chay or dislike her, and I haven't seen anyone complain about Chay
What do you mean when tell that she troll in town? Not wearing cloth or doing emotes fastly or whatever?

I don't know how other people think about Chay. In my impression, Chay is a friendly player. First time I met her when we were outside of Candor cave. She helped me solve my problem when my client crashed continuously. Chay also answered my questions when i got trouble in game. As a developer, she helped me and my friends enter the warehouse in xmas quest (it got stuck before) as soon as I whisper her. She also helped me understand more about that quest, then I could make a perfect completion for quest. So I don't have any reason to complain about her. In my opinion, she is doing the best.
regards,
Chung
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Another one of these? I'm starting to think the solution *is* to delete everybody's accounts and start over. We've said in the past that we would try to preserve everybody's accounts through the major changes, but I'm not sure they deserve it.

It doesn't matter that most members of the player community don't actively participate in abuse. The key thing is that they accept this as valid behavior. All that is necessary for evil to triumph ...

Those of us who are active in development have been forced to learn how to deal with abuse, but *we* *shouldn't* *have* *to*.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:Another one of these? I'm starting to think the solution *is* to delete everybody's accounts and start over. We've said in the past that we would try to preserve everybody's accounts through the major changes, but I'm not sure they deserve it.
There is an easier solution: install the server and whole site on your HD and use them alone.
It doesn't matter that most members of the player community don't actively participate in abuse. The key thing is that they accept this as valid behavior. All that is necessary for evil to triumph...
↑↑ You should read the former posts ↑↑
Those of us who are active in development have been forced to learn how to deal with abuse, but *we* *shouldn't* *have* *to*.
players who are active players too.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
elsa
Newly Registered User

Post by elsa »

o11c wrote:Another one of these? I'm starting to think the solution *is* to delete everybody's accounts and start over.
Soon you won't have to delete anything because there won't be players anymore.

Once again, great PR job.

Because obviosly when you will delete everybody's account you will solve all the issues in game among your lack of social and PR skills... indeed...

Dearly yours,
An ex player.