Boss Points

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should we have a way to check our boss points besides Candor?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes: 21
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Re: Boss Points

Post by Crazyk8e »

tux9th wrote:The problems with bosspoints is that they aren't limited. Magic has a max of 8000xp therefore it's rather accurate however with bosspoints we can only guess how much people have and create messages for it.

I think we could simply add a function to Parua where you can ask your boss points. As he hands out the most I think this makes the most sense.
How do you mean you can only guess?
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

with magic we have to set the limit on what points it gives you what question.
So to make it fairly accurate we have to define points e.g.:
0 - 1000
1000 - 2000
2000 - 4000
4000 - 8000 boss points
8000+ bp

but then it is a rather big uncertainty unless we want to create millions of messages. This is rather uncomfortable I think.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I think not many people care about more than 5k BP, so 0-2k, 2K-4K, 4K-5K, and 5K+. would be more apropriate.
maybe add 20K+ for the few people who got.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

tux9th wrote:with magic we have to set the limit on what points it gives you what question.
So to make it fairly accurate we have to define points e.g.:
0 - 1000
1000 - 2000
2000 - 4000
4000 - 8000 boss points
8000+ bp

but then it is a rather big uncertainty unless we want to create millions of messages. This is rather uncomfortable I think.
With magic I can understand that game gives only an estimate of the experience. It is consistent with the content which is self evaluation, there is no return on healing experience though. I can't see the interest of such an approach with boss points, except if we retain Techron's idea: Boss points may express Milly's feeling about the character, thus there can be some randomness and uncertainty in her judgement. If Parua is the one who gives the answer, he has no reason not to be aware of your exact number of points. The evil Golbenez can make you see things that are unknown to you, he or one of his acolytes could make you have a flashback... another solution is "just" to allow the client to be aware of your boss points, just as the job exp.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.