Boss Points

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should we have a way to check our boss points besides Candor?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes: 21
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Boss Points

Post by Crazyk8e »

I suspect I may not be the only one wondering about this, but I think there should be a way to check how many boss points we have in some fashion other than Candor. Especially now that Boss Points are calculated for a quest ingame. I do not know the best way to do this but perhaps there is someone who does. I hope there is enough interest to make it happen. :)
Last edited by Crazyk8e on 17 Feb 2014, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
thusmark
Peon
Peon

Re: Boss Points

Post by thusmark »

Maybe, if you created a poll, the devs could see if there is a great need for this or it could be done after some more important projects? It would be a nice feature, to be sure.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

remember making a poll is not what gets content into the game, im aware it usually happens well hidden but devs are working on things less obviously but even more needed for tmw. boss points as an endgame thingy is really at the other end of current hot development. however volunteering is always welcome (c.f. crushes remark in the not so serious bot world topic)

millies hero needs a bit of a cleanup atm but if any then it should probably be her to tell a player about the amount of awesome (lame/okayish/nice/great/awesum/just wow) he is. (i abstain from suggesting a blunt uve got 10 bosspoints mecha npc)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I don't see any reason there shouldn't be an NPC for this, but I don't think there is one now.

Now, how will it fit into the game? Tie with monster points? Or just Parua tell it for free?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Techron
Novice
Novice

Post by Techron »

Couldn't Milly do this since she is the reason we gather them in the first place?

Once you have talked to her the first time she could say something along the lines of...
"I see you are becoming quite the hero. You have accumulated ___ boss points"

Techron
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Nice idea, K8e. It always causes a lot of questions from players.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I would think it would tie in well with the Monster Point NPC, but you could be able to get it there or either of the two boss point battle bitches.
sexy red bearded GM
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

He need more ways to spend them as well.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

I just think it would streamline the quest for some players. I like the Milly suggestion myself, but that is just my view.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well I know no one would complain if we made it more like magic were it told you but not exactly. I do however believe we need to put a Boss Points vendor in game, currently everyone sitting in candor is just racking them up. There is no reason why we can't use older rares / hard to obtain quest items as stuff to buy with boss points.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

Crazyk8e wrote:I suspect I may not be the only one wondering about this, but I think there should be a way to check how many boss points we have in some fashion other than Candor. Especially now that Boss Points are calculated for a quest ingame. I do not know the best way to do this but perhaps there is someone who does. I hope there is enough interest to make it happen. :)
Yeah, good idea k8e. Makes good sense.

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

ThePeaceMaker
Newly Registered User

Post by ThePeaceMaker »

Make the player loose 100 boss points every time he checks how many he has :alt-5:
:alt-6:
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

ThePeaceMaker wrote:Make the player loose 100 boss points every time he checks how many he has :alt-5:
:alt-6:
How is that fair? The point is to make the game more enjoyable to play rather than the opposite...
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

wushin wrote:Well I know no one would complain if we made it more like magic were it told you but not exactly. I do however believe we need to put a Boss Points vendor in game, currently everyone sitting in candor is just racking them up. There is no reason why we can't use older rares / hard to obtain quest items as stuff to buy with boss points.
+1, I do support this idea.
Maybe we could extend it to level99 players who could use the extra experience they get to buy rares?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

The problems with bosspoints is that they aren't limited. Magic has a max of 8000xp therefore it's rather accurate however with bosspoints we can only guess how much people have and create messages for it.

I think we could simply add a function to Parua where you can ask your boss points. As he hands out the most I think this makes the most sense.