o11c, did you really ban Platyna? How does TMWC feel about?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

o11c, did you really ban Platyna? How does TMWC feel about?

Post by blackrazor »

I just read here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18068
o11c wrote: I went ahead and banned her, since it *is* under my constitutionally-derived authority and there is no consensus.

If Platyna makes more sockpuppets, just don't reply and they'll get deleted sooner or later. Eventually she'll get tired of it and everybody can get back to work.

Further replies on this matter are just proof that she should have been banned long ago.
that o11c banned Platyna, even though she broke no actual rules, and against the advice of the majority of TMWC, advisors, and devs who posted in the thread.

My question to o11c, is how can you do such a thing nearly unilaterally, with no consensus, and also if o11c is the programming lead, then why is he doing bannings? Would that not be the job of the Forum Admins or GMs? How do the Forum Admins, GMs, and the rest of the TMWC team feel about what was done, and the way it was done?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: o11c, did you really ban Platyna? How does TMWC feel abo

Post by Alige »

blackrazor wrote:My question to o11c, is how can you do such a thing nearly unilaterally, with no consensus, and also if o11c is the programming lead, then why is he doing bannings? Would that not be the job of the Forum Admins or GMs? How do the Forum Admins, GMs, and the rest of the TMWC team feel about what was done, and the way it was done?
Don't tell me you did not see that o11c wanted TMW all for himself for a long time now. He can finally be the king of the world! Isn't that great? Living under the ruling of one man... I envy the TMW community sooooo much right now.

Have fun dealing with o11c's megalomania!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

He doesn't want TMW all for himself, he's just very impulsive and does things because he can. Let's keep it realistic.
So yes, this happened. Can't do much more than disagree so "calm your tits". :)

TMW Team member

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

.:WildX:. wrote:He doesn't want TMW all for himself, he's just very impulsive and does things because he can. Let's keep it realistic.
So yes, this happened. Can't do much more than disagree so "calm your tits". :)
I agree.

Actually he wants to do something good for TMW by banning her.
It's not like it's not reasonable: she obviously is trolling and bringing a bad mood.

However, I also don't think banning her was the right thing to do as I wrote in the other thread.
This dictator / king of the world thing is ridiculous though.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

blackrazor wrote:I just read here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18068
o11c wrote: I went ahead and banned her, since it *is* under my constitutionally-derived authority and there is no consensus.

If Platyna makes more sockpuppets, just don't reply and they'll get deleted sooner or later. Eventually she'll get tired of it and everybody can get back to work.

Further replies on this matter are just proof that she should have been banned long ago.
that o11c banned Platyna, even though she broke no actual rules, and against the advice of the majority of TMWC, advisors, and devs who posted in the thread.

My question to o11c, is how can you do such a thing nearly unilaterally, with no consensus, and also if o11c is the programming lead, then why is he doing bannings? Would that not be the job of the Forum Admins or GMs? How do the Forum Admins, GMs, and the rest of the TMWC team feel about what was done, and the way it was done?
I can disagree with Platyna for the many things she did wrong. But she never banned anyone for such things. Do you realize that you are just worse than the ever was?
I can understand now why Jenalya and Frost left.
o11c wrote:SERIOUSLY, people: stop feeding the trolls.
o11c wrote:Historical precedent is not enough. We need to be *better* than we have in the past. We need to provide an environment where everybody feels comfortable as long as they're not trying to destroy us.
Apply these advices to yourself first.
o11c wrote:TMW has to make a choice: how much are we willing to sacrifice the health of the project in order to ensure that trolls are satisfied?
If this should be applied, you should be the first to which it would be applied; because at the moment your posts are the ones which harm this project the most.
Last edited by Nard on 20 Feb 2014, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

I remember when I came here onto Manaworld, probably about 2008. It was great! Came on, and received help from all the "oldies" including the devs and some who are not here any longer...sorry for not putting names.

There have been a lot of changes, and sadly, just like the REAL world, one of the biggest changes is attitudes. I disagree that removing one person will change the world attitudes, as it doesn't work like that. The whole system lives on the idea of a troll as part of their very existence. I'm not saying it's correct, but think about it. Would we have a better world if there was no "opposition"? I think so. Still, the reason they are there, is because it's a legal precedent to have everything tested, with the so-called lofty goal of covering any point. Instead it gets talked about and nothing happens. So this is what has happened here...

We have the two sides...the opposition and the "elite" as such. While people continue coming here the game will continue going. This was established long ago...

Therefore, here are the ultimate two choices...we can continue to come here to play, or we can make our own servers and set up another manaworld, and be responsible for all the vulnerabilities of looking after a game site for other players. Actually, there's a third choice...we can go to one of the OTHER game sites to play, which someone who has made the choice two already has decided they'll look at it.

All in all, these are the points...

NEVER...have I had a problem with Platyna. NEVER...have I had a problem with o11c. That's because I only come here to play the game. When it becomes that much rubbish of an issue that I have to get involved with squabbles because of this, because one is unfair, then I'll leave. The game will NOT have my support.

I disagree with banning Platyna, and I understand the two sides of the story. None of them are why I'm here. I'm here to play a peaceful game. Take that away, and I'll gladly go elsewhere. What's more important? Life, or a game? Chicka-Maria was right in the way things are worked out. Originally, there used to be a committee who would decide such things. I suggest that maybe there should once again be a committee who decide an outcome to judgement calls. Keep these things in mind though...

1) As a game, especially on an international level, one is not excluded from being under the scope of being discriminatory legally. After the importance of changing licences from GNU to the new system, I thought that people would have actually acknowledged this in other areas too. So be careful on your judgement calls on players, good people.

2) As an open-source game, a committee who represent the players would be good. All people should be able to have their say, regardless of the perspective of others. From this, just like the voting in for members for GM, good points and bads can be weighed up and a fair or important decision can be reached. I believe the Platyna issue isn't in harmony with this, although a rule could be made that would put in place a way to administer this, such as "people bagging out others" being warned, then removed, and allowed back. I mean there are trolls who exist specifically for that very purpose...there's no ban on them. That rule would cover both kettles of fish.

Regardless, enjoy playing the game for goodness sake. It's not a real nation. It's a game. One day the computer won't turn on, and it won't be here ever again. So get used to the idea of enjoying what you have WHILE YOU CAN. Who knows what tomorrow will bring to us? We might be whisked off to somewhere else without any say in the matter...and THAT would be a lot more weighty than someone expressing how they feel about a situation...and imagine if nobody listened to you??? How would you feel? Just think about it.

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Nard wrote:I can understand now why Jenalya and Frost left.
And they will probably not be the only ones leaving...

o11c, if you really want to help TMW rise up again, you should try to work with steady, soft and calm hands, not with razor sharp claws.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved from Player Talk to Feedback.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I vote to ban o11c next. Who is with me?
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

Crush wrote:Moved from Player Talk to Feedback.
Move it to offtopic

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:I vote to ban o11c next. Who is with me?
make a poll...
Lizandra wrote:Move it to offtopic
This totally in topic.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Congrats, o11c. Now you're more evil than Platyna

Post by Hello=) »

Congratulations, o11c. Now you're even worse than Platyna. You abused admin powers even worse than Platyna did (at least in direct ways). So now you successfully replaced Platyna as "avatar of ultimate evil" by outperforming her evil deeds. Yes, using admin powers to enforce your personal preferences is a blatant abuse of admin powers. And Platyna now formally is a "victim of bloody regime". Wow, just wow. I think your admin powers should better be revoked to avoid damage to project. You proven you can't be responsible. Wasn't there enough one Platyna already?
o11c wrote:I went ahead and banned her, since it *is* under my constitutionally-derived authority and there is no consensus.

Do you understand what you just did? You made whole TMWC to look like a bunch of sockpuppets, showing their opinions are 100% safe to ignore, as long as you seek for your personal vendetta on someone. Nice shot at teammates. Sure, let's show everyone they're not in charge of anything. But worst for you is that you also proven all crap Platyna mumbled about you.

And yes, Platyna now can celebrate UBER EPIC TROLLING WIN. O11c failed to ignore the troll (as he demands in his signature - x2 FAIL bonus). And even stabbed teammates. While it's really cruel and evil trolling from Platyna, I can't deny: it's impressive. Tricking someone to do most suicidal actions? Oh, that's a state of art in trolling. I wish Platyna used her skills for something better than that.
Lizandra wrote:Move it to offtopic
Unfortunately its gone to level where it would not work. There was chance. But it has been missed, thanks to o11c stupid actions. Any actions bring consequences. Now it's time to face them.
Last edited by Hello=) on 20 Feb 2014, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

There was at least a good thing under Platyna: o11c Retained a bit. Now he is totally out of control. the least is that he take no care of forum contributors; only TMWCGHP knows the worse.

t3st3r wrote:You made whole TMWC to look like a bunch of sockpuppets, showing their opinions are 100% safe to ignore, as long as you seek for your personal vendetta on someone.
I think "you made whole TMWC and advisors to look like a bunch of puppets" is more appropriate.
Last edited by Nard on 20 Feb 2014, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.