o11c, did you really ban Platyna? How does TMWC feel about?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Platyna3
Newly Registered User

Re: o11c, did you really ban Platyna? How does TMWC feel abo

Post by Platyna3 »

I am not a troll and I do deserve respect. I post here because I still care about the project. I warned you that whole TMWC is just o11c's puppetry. This quote explains it all, re-read it:
o11c wrote: I went ahead and banned her, since it *is* under my constitutionally-derived authority and there is no consensus.
Further replies on this matter are just proof that she should have been banned long ago.
Read it carefuly - he thinks that an unauthorized copy of my files and changed DNS entries gave him "constitutionally-derived" authority to ignore opinions of so-called committee.

Also, stop rewriting the history - I never abused any of my powers, I was fair judge and I have set simple and necessary rules which I was enforcing.

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna3 on 20 Feb 2014, 15:38, edited 3 times in total.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Platyna3 wrote:I am not a troll and I do deserve respect. I post here because I still care about the project. I warned you that whole TMWC is just o11c's puppetry. Also, stop rewriting the history - I never abused any of my powers, I was fair judge and I have set simple and necessary rules which I was enforcing.

Regards.
o11c doesn't know what respect is.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Platyna3
Newly Registered User

Post by Platyna3 »

Nard wrote:
Platyna3 wrote:I am not a troll and I do deserve respect. I post here because I still care about the project. I warned you that whole TMWC is just o11c's puppetry. Also, stop rewriting the history - I never abused any of my powers, I was fair judge and I have set simple and necessary rules which I was enforcing.

Regards.
o11c doesn't know what respect is.
I know, I kept telling you all that but I was constantly ignored. Please quote whole my emails because they keep deleting my posting and banning my accounts.

Regards.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

for the record, ban evasion is also a bannable offense. I would recommend stopping making accounts and use the methods available to you to resolve this situation.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Platyna3
Newly Registered User

Post by Platyna3 »

Big Crunch wrote:for the record, ban evasion is also a bannable offense. I would recommend stopping making accounts and use the methods available to you to resolve this situation.
Of course. Ever heard about civil disobedience? BTW, if we are here, then ban MadCamel, AFAIR he was permanently banned.

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Big Crunch wrote:for the record, ban evasion is also a bannable offense. I would recommend stopping making accounts and use the methods available to you to resolve this situation.

BC
This ban could be considered an abuse of power. The way I see it the ban is invalid as most of TMWC members who posted in this thread disagreed with it. There are two options now: the rest of TMWC either show that they are capable of independent thought and undo this ban or they let o11c do whatever he wants. Both options are technically viable.

TMW Team member

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

.:WildX:. wrote:

BC
This ban could be considered an abuse of power. The way I see it the ban is invalid as most of TMWC members who posted in this thread disagreed with it. There are two options now: the rest of TMWC either show that they are capable of independent thought and undo this ban or they let o11c do whatever he wants. Both options are technically viable.
While I can respect your opinion, applying a ban while discussing an issue only to lift that ban after the discussion is perfectly acceptable if it is believed that the banned party could cause harm (internets harm) to others or the game as a whole. This issue is being discussed currently and the initial ban could be lifted. Or not. Ban evasion, regardless of the 'validity' of the ban is an entirely separate offense and will be judged as such with swift and severe consequences.
sexy red bearded GM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Big Crunch wrote: While I can respect your opinion, applying a ban while discussing an issue only to lift that ban after the discussion is perfectly acceptable if it is believed that the banned party could cause harm (internets harm) to others or the game as a whole. This issue is being discussed currently and the initial ban could be lifted. Or not. Ban evasion, regardless of the 'validity' of the ban is an entirely separate offense and will be judged as such with swift and severe consequences.
Indeed, but TMWc may also consider the consequences of a second ban for the whole project.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Big Crunch wrote:Ban evasion, regardless of the 'validity' of the ban is an entirely separate offense and will be judged as such with swift and severe consequences.
This.

Ban evasion is the ONE thing that is UNIVERSALLY agreed on as a bannable offense in all the internet, and the fact that one evades a ban usually ends up proving the original ban justified anyway.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Big Crunch wrote:

BC
While I can respect your opinion, applying a ban while discussing an issue only to lift that ban after the discussion is perfectly acceptable if it is believed that the banned party could cause harm (internets harm) to others or the game as a whole. This issue is being discussed currently and the initial ban could be lifted. Or not. Ban evasion, regardless of the 'validity' of the ban is an entirely separate offense and will be judged as such with swift and severe consequences.
I understand that. Thanks for clarifying.
Keep in mind while deciding on this ban that o11c's actions can still be considered wrong regardless of the validity of the ban. Even if a prisoner is going to be sentenced to death, the police can't just shoot him dead when arresting him for murder.

TMW Team member

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

o11c wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:Ban evasion, regardless of the 'validity' of the ban is an entirely separate offense and will be judged as such with swift and severe consequences.
This.

Ban evasion is the ONE thing that is UNIVERSALLY agreed on as a bannable offense in all the internet, and the fact that one evades a ban usually ends up proving the original ban justified anyway.
Did you give an unjust ban so you could ban Platyna for evading the unjust ban? Did you just commit banception?

TMW Team member

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

o11c wrote:
This.

Did you give an unjust ban so you could ban Platyna for evading the unjust ban? Did you just commit banception?
we need a +1 or like button.
sexy red bearded GM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Apparently, it is not allowed to make an abuse report about this issue in courthouse.
Because this is a power abuse isn't it?
I wonder
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

This thread is not about ban evasions, civil disobedience, nor finding some new technicality under which to ban Platyna.

I asked an honest question to o11c, the Forum Admins (Crush, Freeyorp), the GM team, and the TMWC.

How is it that the programming lead (o11c) is handling very delicate and non-emergency bans (of Platyna), and these bans are not coming from the Forum Admins and / or GMs. Isn't that the Forum Admins' or GMs' job? How is it the programming lead's job? How do you guys feel that o11c did this for you, without your permission, consent, or going through channels? Add to this, that there is no historical precedent in TMW history for such a ban, and it was given without a formal warning to Platyna, and without any clear indication of exactly which rule (if any) she broke. And again, by the programming lead? Not the enforcement arm of TMW (Forum admins and GMs). Don't you feel as if your authority has been usurped and undermined? That was my question, really. I'm honestly curious how the TMWC really works, after reading about this. At least, with past unilateral actions from o11c regarding the buffers, case-sensitivity, and other various serversoft-rewrites, as shocking as they were, they were at least within his zone of authority, as programming lead. But what of this banning? Is that part of programming lead, too?
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

we are under
Board index » Development » Feedback
This is the wrong forum, the topic has nothing to do with development.