Buying price of items in the wiki

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Aritos
Peon
Peon

Buying price of items in the wiki

Post by Aritos »

I've questions and feedbacks.

In wiki the buying price of iron arrow is 4 GP. But iron arrow can be bought at Tulimshar Forge for 3 GP. I suggest that the wiki should give the lowest buying price of itmes. This is already done for leather shield which is priced at 4000 at Tulimshar Forge but in the wiki its price is 2000; the leather shield can be bought from Desert Mine Camp at 2000.

Is there some already available source from which I can refer the lowest buying price?

Buying price of winter gloves given in wiki is 6000. The quest itself requires 15000 GP and trial(s) of white furs. Where they are available for 6000? I can buy from there instead of spending 15000. If it's a mistake in the wiki then please correct it.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Buying price of items in the wiki

Post by Cassy »

The prices in the wiki refer to the item_db.
The wiki item reference page gets created automatically with a script and refers to the data in the item_db.
This means that after updating the wiki item reference page we would have to check all items if they are available for a lower price somewhere than listed in the item_db/wiki item reference - a huge effort.
It's better to list all sources and prices in the item page itself - here an example.

Many items don't have an own page yet though, but we made a huge progress here the last 2 months.
So always check an item page itself (if available) - it lists all prices, including the lowest one(s).

Some items like the Winter Gloves can't be bought but have a buying price though.
Again just check the item page itself if there is one, else just ask someone in game or here in the forum until we finished creating pages for all items.

Aritos wrote:If it's a mistake in the wiki then please correct it.
Actually no one is responsible for the wiki content as it's a voluntary thing, but of course the wiki should list more detailled and correct data.
If you want you can help us: just create an account and wait a bit until we activated it.
And of course don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Aritos
Peon
Peon

Post by Aritos »

If in the wiki, lowest buying prices are given then any player who's going to buy an item can check through it if he's buying at the lowest price.

Should the price of iron arrow be changed to 3 GP in the item_db? In GitHub, hovering my mouse over edit button says that it'll fork the project.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re:

Post by Cassy »

Aritos wrote:Should the price of iron arrow be changed to 3 GP in the item_db?
The NPC shop scripts don't mention the price itself, they only say e.g. "price from item_db + 1 GP".
So if we changed the price for an item in the item_db it would affect all NPC shops selling this item ;)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Aritos
Peon
Peon

Post by Aritos »

Then I think either all shops should sell items at the same price or it can be listed in the Economy page of the wiki the items that are available at cheaper price at specific shops.

As a beginner when I noticed that some items are varying in price at different shops, I searched if there's such list available for guidance.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

Aritos wrote:Then I think either all shops should sell items at the same price

nah, that's not an option :lol:
Aritos wrote: or it can be listed in the Economy page of the wiki the items that are available at cheaper price at specific shops.
c.f. what Cassy wrote (for the lazy eye: she recommended to make a wiki acc and diy)
Aritos wrote: As a beginner when I noticed that some items are varying in price at different shops, I searched if there's such list available for guidance.
You can also try and ask players around you, remember ur not playing single - player mode here. And for all i've experienced most players r glad to help.
good hunting etc. Chay
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Aritos wrote:I've questions and feedbacks.

In wiki the buying price of iron arrow is 4 GP. But iron arrow can be bought at Tulimshar Forge for 3 GP. I suggest that the wiki should give the lowest buying price of itmes. This is already done for leather shield which is priced at 4000 at Tulimshar Forge but in the wiki its price is 2000; the leather shield can be bought from Desert Mine Camp at 2000.

Is there some already available source from which I can refer the lowest buying price?

Buying price of winter gloves given in wiki is 6000. The quest itself requires 15000 GP and trial(s) of white furs. Where they are available for 6000? I can buy from there instead of spending 15000. If it's a mistake in the wiki then please correct it.
Cassy wrote:The prices in the wiki refer to the item_db. [...]
The price in this list and in item data base are reference prices . This also stands for sell prices, which were supposed to be half of the sell prices as in other mmorpgs when the game began to be developped. Reference price does not mean that all shops practice it and it was probably planned that they would differ depending on the shop's location, just as in reality. For reasons I ignore, developers didn't continue on this way, and sometimes made errors in price settings. The Item and monsters data bases were brought to wiki as a reference more for developers than for players. Alige and your servidor thought that it could be useful for players as well. You may as well notice that the experience you get for monster kills doesnot always equal the indicated number in wiki data base, even if you kill them alone. This is because the experience and job experience amount is computed by the server, after the monster effective attributes which are somewhat random.

Thus, regarding the wiki, you should refer to the shops pages and not to the item data base to know the prices. I made this page to help players to know what to buy and where to buy. It needs of course a strong update now... :roll:
edit:
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Shops
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Artos, technically all shops do buy/sell at the same price but the NPC Shop scripts can be altered to change the price. So the item_db lists the Base price and shops sell those items based off the modifiers in the script.
For example:
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... _shops.txt

Code: Select all

021-2.gat,77,134,0|shop|Gungnir|311,SlingShot :-1,SlingBullet :-1,ShortBow :-1,Arrow :1,IronArrow :3
Gungnir sells the SlingShot,SlingBullet,ShortBow at the Item_db.txt list price, but sells Arrows for 1gp and IronArrows for 3gp.
This is done intentionally for a number of reasons:
- Get people to travel
- Waste your most precious resource Time
- Helps the world simulate an economy of trading.

Although I have no problem with having all the shops and prices on the wiki, the players are more then welcome to sign-up and help create that content on the wiki.

Chay, don't laugh at the new people who have no clue how TMW or a MMORPG works. Save that for the more initiated, as I don't think he understands how development works around here either.

Either way, Items have their prices listed and wouldn't be that hard to write them up.

totally Nard, I can't change the price of Arrows in Tulimshar even though it's long been suspect it was missing the -1 instead of just 1. Sometimes bugs become an expected feature.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Aritos
Peon
Peon

Post by Aritos »

Thank you Cassy and Nard <3