Collecting content that should be explained better in-game

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Re: Collecting content that should be explained better in-ga

Post by Altus Institute »

Meicchi wrote:
Altus Institute wrote: The brew part is a mess, its a TOTAL random.
The wiki about this is just a mess too.
Someone wrote about %, who care about this if we cant do this part logicaly?
Each time i have got the dark gray but impossible to get the potion, and lost the dark gray, and when i dont have the dark gray the game gave me the possibility to do the potion....so each time i just lose my items.
I have got the lazurite robe and each time i died. wtf with the % wrote in the wiki?
THERE NO LOGICAL IN THERE :|
and you talk in the wiki about chance?
what is the chance that you can encode in a software?
Finally i got the weapon when i just click without looking for what to do : its a nonsense
Alright, there's some luck involved due to a tricky behaviour in the code:

the random move (adding color for the odd turns and removing for the even turns) occurs BEFORE your leaf get on action. This means you actually doesn't know the actual color in cauldron when you choose your leaf, just the prior color, so it's a try. It means that sometimes you just need to risk out putting a mauve when you're into a secondary color (green, f.e.) and hopes for the mixture to add the red you're waiting for to achieve dark grey. Which also means that if it says "It's currently a dark gray.", then it will add or remove a color before your mauve leaf effect and this is why you have the frustrating sensation of failure.

For the INT % influence, it increases your chance of something really bad doesn't occur at all, so you can keep the brewing calmly.

It's really complex and requires a lot of attemps until you figure the thing (ok, 3 for me, plus the times I tried it on test server, two more), but it's a reasonable and well explained quest after all.

Sorry but can you tell me what difference there is between what you say and what i said?

BUT do i need to read , the wiki, the code, the script or make some try on test server to do a quest?

I well understand, the setzer is the best weapon atm ingame, so we must find the quest not so easy to get it.
But imo there is a difference with not so easy and totally undoable.
Meicchi wrote: Now the quest that really bugs me it's the Resist Poison skill quest. This one is really impossible to figure out if you don't read the wiki or give a peek on code, since it's all about guessing. Unless, by chance (I think 1/12 or a bit more), when you get the values to be multiples of themselves and thus the nurse will tell you how much times is the scale between one and other (and keep in note that this information is not on wiki - gotta edit it myself though). Other than that you cannot say if "much" is less than "a lot" or "a lot" is more than "very much" or not until you look at the tables. Which means that it's not intuitive. And I wasn't the only one so far that got dizzy by it.

I've been trying to think about a more logical approach to this myself for a while but I'm still not sure if it will be something like trading twelve by a dozen right now. I think I'd like to discuss it with the dev team.
:lol: i find this quest more easy than setzer quest, the explanation are correct, and there is a limit to the random action because of the fork.
but Meicchi you right on one point, if we miss the antidote and if we close too quickly the window, the last info are lost, and they are not really clear.
But she always give info to use in a fork to do the antidote.
So for me Poison skill no need to be changed.
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

Something I've just paid attention as playing as a mage: there's no npc which tells you about #modri spells (#modrisump, #modriphoo, #modrilax and #modriylkam). It's such a basic spell to level up magic and it would be nice if someone tells about it.
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Meicchi wrote:Something I've just paid attention as playing as a mage: there's no npc which tells you about #modri spells (#modrisump, #modriphoo, #modrilax and #modriylkam). It's such a basic spell to level up magic and it would be nice if someone tells about it.
hehe, yeah, those counted as super secret spells about a year ago.
There were only a few players who knew about that spell and they knew it because they were also devs or had contact to one.
This changed when they were added in the wiki by one of those who knew.
Those spells are officially not released, that's why there is no NPC teaching them.
Same counts for #loshira.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

We need an NPC to explain why there are so many hats. Maybe a hat factory exploded, or they were airdropped by rocs as a horrible prank by the Powers That Be.

Seriously though.. If a spell is released/allowed live an NPC should teach it. Not sure what happened there.. Kinda fun to have secrets though or it wouldn't be TMW :)

Re: Monster Oil - I think it's explained pretty well by the NPC really, darken/lighten/etc. We used to have brewing parties, gather everyone you can for a brew.. Sort of a right of passage. There are people who are good at it that will gladly help.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Before that we need a story of how undead came into existence. Maybe a little story or quest.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

deepthought wrote:Before that we need a story of how undead came into existence. Maybe a little story or quest.
Well we have the Love Triangle Quest which explains that pretty well.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Setzer quest is most fun in the game. From defeating the khafr by getting him drunk to brewing monster oil. You don't need wiki to succeed this quest. The alchemist there explains most of the stuff and you should had better change to mage for doing this quest. Brewing the potion is very easy. Just draw a flow chart of all possibilities or figure out the possibilities in our mind. Although if you have high intelligence you will have chances of success which makes complete sense as brewing potions is part of magic and your character needs intelligence.
Last edited by deepthought on 24 Jan 2015, 06:27, edited 2 times in total.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Cassy wrote:
deepthought wrote:Before that we need a story of how undead came into existence. Maybe a little story or quest.
Well we have the Love Triangle Quest which explains that pretty well.
That's only about the people in inn. How about undead coming out of graves, zombies, falkens, generals ?
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

deepthought wrote:That's only about the people in inn. How about undead coming out of graves, zombies, falkens, generals ?
Hmm let's check where undeads are anyway:
1.) Graveyard Inn
2.) Graveyard
3.) Crypt
4.) Terranite Cave
5.) Troll Cave (+ Witch Cave soon)
6.) Desert Mountains
7.) Candor
Maybe more?

1-3 can be explained with Golbanez's curse.
4.) no idea
5.) Comes with Witch Cult Quest, I already took care of that
6.) no idea, IMO we should replace the Skeletons there anyway
7.) Will come with this PR I made 5 days ago: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... /248/files

For 1-2 I think it makes enough sense with Golbanez curse.
The Crypt should have its own story. Maybe wushin already had something in mind for the complete Crypt quest.
Main characters:

Norc
Newly Registered User

Post by Norc »

Wyara: Cure The Pond; no indication on the first vial, like there is on the 2nd one.
Suggest small bubble above head: "Maybe it needs another one" or something close.

Orum's follow quest: Click the ground

I continually kept dropping the summon flower, gave Rill a good laugh. This gave me a Homer moment.

xeyed.png
xeyed.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 8152 times
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

Found something I think is to correct in the game : Ian, in Hurnscal is saying, when asked about fighting, that you can continuously attack by pressing Control + Shift, which I have tried and doesn't work. (just trying around configs, you know)

I guess this is one thing that was suppressed to avoid built in botting, but then you forgot that little part.

Correct me if I'm wrong. using azerty keyboards (but that shouldn't matter for these keys).
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

Altus Institute wrote:
Same for Sagatha, if we dont use the wiki, how to know we need to kill scorpions to be accepted by her? At what level?
Sagatha give her spells depending about the #abizit level, nowhere this is explained (means wiki).

Setzer quest should be more explained, or clarify : the monster oil part is just complex.
And the wiki is a maze about this part.
I did it today, and just waste all my items (20 pearls, 40 snake skins, black scorpion stingers... ) i was really happy....really really really.
The brew part is a mess, its a TOTAL random.
The wiki about this is just a mess too.
Someone wrote about %, who care about this if we cant do this part logicaly?
Each time i have got the dark gray but impossible to get the potion, and lost the dark gray, and when i dont have the dark gray the game gave me the possibility to do the potion....so each time i just lose my items.
I have got the lazurite robe and each time i died. ...with the % wrote in the wiki?
THERE NO LOGICAL IN THERE :|
and you talk in the wiki about chance?
Finally i got the weapon when i just click without looking for what to do : its a nonsense

For a better understanding, the sezter quest is a great quest, but the potion part is just weird.
I agree on these three points, and for my part can try to at least address it better in the wiki. I went ahead and edited the setzer quest, although I didn't change the percentages, as it may actually be the explanation of a "Add" and "remove" go, which was badly worded. I changed it, to show that it is the oil that adds and removes, and has nothing to do with us adding or removing, but as I haven't tested it to completion yet, I may need to edit this further.

As for Sagatha, yes, the #abizit level is important to make clear on the wiki too. I will look at this part. You mentioned the scorpions already being there, which they are.

As regards the wiki, thanks for the information (even if it was 3 years ago) as I can at least change some wording to make things clear. Input is needed, and it is input like this that makes it possible to correct them. Thanks Altus Institute, and I hope you are still in game somewhere:)

This being said, a LOT of this information has already been put into practice (maybe not these points here, but they are now I believe), but the wiki is quite well-developed...sure, a little disorganised and a few things need fixing, but very well built, generally speaking. Good work former and current team members! You deserve a pat on the back (and not the type of pat from crawling under a cow while it needs to discharge it's digested grass collection). :wink:
_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")