Old wiz house teleports broken.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Old wiz house teleports broken.

Post by veryape »

As it says on the wiki and as I suppose they should work the teleport that should get you to Pachua if you have done the speed quest still teleports at least me to Miriam, and I have the speed skill at lvl 9.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Old wiz house teleports broken.

Post by wushin »

They aren't broken they are better. They should all use 3 random points to teleport the person. Should still fail you on teleport. I changed that as people were using it as a Land Bridge. Burn All the land bridges!
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Its still broken. My main character did spped skill and I tried to do the speed skill with my alt today. I used the spell in magic house. First time, I was teleported to pachua. Second time somewhere in the caves near some traveler guy. It didn't teleport to mariam.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

That is not broken that is intentional. The wizard house now has 3 random locations for each previous location as people where using them to exploit paying travel fees. This combined with death made it far to easy to move about the world without any real consequences.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Really ? People would go that far from hurscald center to magic house to avoid paying few gp ?
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

deepthought wrote:Really ? People would go that far from hurscald center to magic house to avoid paying few gp ?
Totally. The ferry costs were somewhere between 500 - 1,500 GP (can't remember) so a free warp was very welcome, even when the warp spot was a bit far away.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

People used to use the hut to return to tulimshar, buy arrows from George then die in the snake pit and be back in Hurnscald.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Oh. So buying arrows now takes a few more minutes of time now. It's nothing compared to the time we spend in leveling up our characters.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Correct. Leveling is a complete pain. Mainly because we need more stuff to do instead of mindlessly grinding 100s of coal or Dark Crystals. One of the main reasons to add more quests. But slow leveling progression is another thread.