Cutting all armor defense in half

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Cutting all armor defense in half

Post by SriNitayanda »

I am writing this post cause i think cutting all armor defense in half is a very bad idea (already on test). here is why:
did you ever play rager?
did you ever play banshee archer?
did you ever play bull rager or speed with bull?
did you ever try to run candor or illia as mage?
did you ever try to pvp as mage against banshee archer?
no? didnt think you did. there are so many things that were built taking into consideration current armor defense bonus's that will just break. all the above things will just break or will be something that only Highest level players (97-99) will be able to do if you just cut it in half.
Do you want to adjust all these things while cutting armor in half?
no? so please dont break it before you provide alternative or fix. if its so important to cut armor defense which i dont really see why, yeah some players got really high defense and can stand 3 yetis (yay!) while doing hits of 1 dmg, is it really necessary that these players will get killed from the yetis? i think they suffer enough grinding yetis like this anyway.
If this bad idea is so stuck in your mind that you think you have to do it, i think cutting it in 10% sounds more reasonable. there are still few things which are needed to be adjusted if you do. like illia items, all illia items got vit defense malus which will need to be reduced by 10% to still make them usable. still cutting defense even by 10% might raise the minimum runner level of candor by few levels and illia runners by 1-3 levels, do we really need less candor and illia runners? i mean i know two runners who are active me and mahouking. yes there are few dormant runners (ppl who can run but rarely do it), but do we really want to make it harder for new players to do more challenging quests and roles in this game? do we all want them to focus on the fun of grinding slimes?
Hope you take it into consideration and draw back from this bad idea.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
yorielin
Newly Registered User

Re: Cutting all armor defense in half

Post by yorielin »

Honestly, i almost kill one person at my work after reading this,
SriNitayanda wrote:cutting all armor defense in half is a very bad idea (already on test).
This one is not a very bad idea imo, but the worst.
Maybe im not even deserve to say this things, since maybe some people will think that im still too young in this game,
that i dont know much thing, bla bla but i will say whatever i think.
Everyday i logged into game, first thing i do is grinding stuff, slimes for gp :alt-r: and buy healing stuff, or potions. it really took my time, but why do i do stupid thing like this? because im a raging bull, i need those stuff to kill some nasty monsters, to stay alive in the gy, tomb, candy, cindy, or even ilia, with my pathetic defense. And now i need to face degradation in my armour defense point? 50%? hell.. then im gonna spam more healing stuff, more gp needed, more times needed. Im not even sure if i can still handle 2 yetis with this condition, think what's gonna happen to those who have just arrive in this game, they will left for sure, since "die again and again" is irritating, boring, and tiresome.
Guess people below level 90 wont visit crypt so much after this..
not to mention cindy, candor, or even worst, ilia. Meh, im not gonna toying with luvia if my armour defense point reduced in half, seriously, it's suicide.
Oh wait! we can still use this smilies :alt-1: everytime! :alt-=: no.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

This isn't going live alone or any time soon. This will be a series of commits to reign stats in to reign in rampant stats on equipment, items and mobs. So yeah, mob damage will decrease and this or that will change and so on.

We also put it on test to get people to test and offer back their opinions because it takes a lot of time to test all the builds.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I heard from some players that one of the reasons for this change might be to bring more armor sets in game.
so my first question is: is it?
if so please provide the armor before you make the change, not to cripple current game play. like it happened with last two bugs that fix's were brought months or weeks later. (yes partly because of lack of testing)
In general i still dont see why all armor needs to be affected and i still think the issues i raised need to be taken into consideration. (Raging Skill, illia items, tank mages role)
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

New Armor, Weapons and Quests is the reason. Currently if we start to add stats to equipment and weapons the gear quickly out paces the monsters. In order to make monsters the gear can hit you end up with mobs that are over powered unless you have the specific gear not to mention how the XP/JP fail to properly quantify that mobs strength. The best in game demonstration of this is the pirates. They are adjusted for the Banshee Bows luk rating.

The next PR is bringing the monsters back in line with the new Def. As the attack power needs to be lowered.

This first round of balance would be lucky to land in TMW next year. So I'd not worry to much about seeing this anywhere but test for a long time. Also as I said, its meant to shuffle gear & mobs to open room up for more content on a more even keel.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

One other note: These serious of commits coming are to establish a "Base Line" and do not reflect what individual pieces of gear end up at. Some pieces might end up lower while others slightly higher. In addition, we plan to add stats to some items in place of Def as +1 vit is better then 2 Def.
Octopus
Novice
Novice

Post by Octopus »

Imo, ragers already loose enough defense so the fact of cutting all armors defense in half would totally suck, ragers would have like 60 defense :shock: also, you can never have enough defense..
:alt-7:
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Yeah, Heavier armors it was debate. Along with how-to deal with Rager vs. Tank. The cloth that has more than the metal armor or almost as much though is bad.
noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

Firstly i didn't thought the TMWC is actually working on new items. I thought there is so much stuff to clean up before creating new items. Adding quests for example. Now you're decreasing the armor defense and also decreasing the mob stats ? It doesn't make any difference. It will just change the scale. Why not give negative effects to the new armors and equipment similar to illia rewards. For example an armor which has more defense but low agility and strength. I think working this way would be better than cutting down the armor defense and working on monsters again.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Balance has been a core issue to why we can't add items or quests. The previous items and quest bottleneck the game.

For instance, Forest Bow is usable at level 1, short bow & bow are now.

You'll find unless your correcting a bug it's hard to add to TMW without dealing with balance.