Revise The Terranites Amour Quest

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Revise The Terranites Amour Quest

Post by deepthought »

After spending many hours getting the Terranites ore, gp and coal I'm disappointed with the result, the Terranites armour. Why is forest armour which is easier to obtain is better than Terranite armour ? I would appreciate very much if the Terranite chest armour has +3 Dex and defense is reduced to +10 or +15.

Secondly, why doesn't this quest give xp. A decent amount of 40000xp for the whole quest would be nice.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Revise The Terranites Amour Quest

Post by o11c »

Terranite Chest Armor is strictly better than Forest Armor if you can afford 99 points in DEX, because the defense bonus is worth far more than any number of points spent in VIT. It's not as good as Warlord Plate + Dex Ring though.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

So its better than warlord plate ? But almost none uses the Terranites chest armour. So I should use Terranite armour instead or forest armour ?
Last edited by deepthought on 18 Oct 2014, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I agree on the lack of XP all the way. Lots of quest reward squat for XP even though they require 100s of items. I'd think a reward would be nice for each step of completion.

As for the gear, yes, lots of it has strange stats but that has a lot to do with the stat system. As to some the Forest Armor and Ring is the last 4 points of dex they don't have to pay for or 40 some extra points to go in other stats. As for some they depend on the Terranite Armor def instead and stat dex and other stats otherwise.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

wushin wrote:I agree on the lack of XP all the way. Lots of quest reward squat for XP even though they require 100s of items. I'd think a reward would be nice for each step of completion.

As for the gear, yes, lots of it has strange stats but that has a lot to do with the stat system. As to some the Forest Armor and Ring is the last 4 points of dex they don't have to pay for or 40 some extra points to go in other stats. As for some they depend on the Terranite Armor def instead and stat dex and other stats otherwise.
I've been playing 8 hours a day of Mana world. Graveyard, crypt, Terranites cave. I've visited all. I've seen none with Terranites chest armour which you say some people prefer.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Because mostly the ones with terranite armor don't farm with it. If ever it's used for PvP.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

I think I've found the answer. Its the magic attack. Terranites armour penalizes the the magic attack a bit too much. M. Attack -70. Warriors can't use this because of low defense, archers because it penalizes magic and sacrificing Dex, mages because it penalize the magic attack. That's why no one using the Terranite armour. I hope someone does something about this item.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

wushin wrote:Because mostly the ones with terranite armor don't farm with it. If ever it's used for PvP.
So its only good for PvP. Huh.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Just a reminder, the terranite quest was introduced during the money-sink-era, the main goal was to purge the overpayment from some in-game bug, not to introduce any well thought items. ^^'
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Well at least you can make terranite arrows now.
I got 6 characters above level 80 i made the whole quest once, terranite armor is nice for tank mages cause it got less m. attack penalty than other armor. but really the use i find from this quest now is making terranite arrows, which are far better than regular arrows and aren't that expensive.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

SriNitayanda wrote:Well at least you can make terranite arrows now.
I got 6 characters above level 80 i made the whole quest once, terranite armor is nice for tank mages cause it got less m. attack penalty than other armor. but really the use i find from this quest now is making terranite arrows, which are far better than regular arrows and aren't that expensive.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to making terratine arrows.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Reid wrote:Just a reminder, the terranite quest was introduced during the money-sink-era, the main goal was to purge the overpayment from some in-game bug, not to introduce any well thought items. ^^'
Is that so ? Thanks for the update. I'll mention it in wiki so that more people know about this quest and its purposes.